Swords Into Plowshares

omedon

First Post
To this date I have bought only one PDF - If Thoughts Could Kill. I probably would have bought a few more but I don't have a credit card myself, though that should soon change.

I think that the people who decided not to buy Swords into Plowshares but download it instead weren't sure that they would get $5 of use out of it. But when it is free they can't go wrong. Some may just be curious and never use it in a game at all.

When things are free people tend to indulge a little even if they use it once or even never it is no big deal because it didn't cost them anything.

I agree with the other posters that a voluntary donation system where people can send a cheque for however much the feel is a good idea.

RichGreen

Adventurer
omedon said:
I think that the people who decided not to buy Swords into Plowshares but download it instead weren't sure that they would get $5 of use out of it. But when it is free they can't go wrong. Some may just be curious and never use it in a game at all.

This was true in my case. If the book had been two dozen NPCs rather than two dozen magical swords, I would have bought it.

Sean, I think that was a cool charity to pick.

Cheers

Richard

Tharen the Damned

First Post
Sword to Plowshares

Some things I want to say:

1) RPG Now uses PayPal. I used PayPal to buy StP a few weeks ago.

2) The organisation behind the Afghan Girls Fund is the National Georgraphic. Sean and many of the best Designers and Artists contributed to StP, if this was a hoax, then all of them would be in it.

3) The Product is high quality D20 Stuff. It got only good reviews and, as already said, many of the best Designers (Monte Cook, Gwendolyn Kestrel) and Artists (Toren McBin Atkinson) contributed. It is priced 5$ for 36 b/w Pages. Not a cheap page/$ ratio, but hey, it is a charity product.

4) 400 payed Downloads suggests either that not many gamers know of StP or that they don´t want/need/use the Product. But 2.400 Downloads as a free product suggeste that many gamers know of StP, but didn´t want to spend 5$ for charity! And this from people who save worlds on an almost daily basis. This is very sad in my opinion.

5) No credit card or not trust in PayPal? Well, why is Monte Cooks Malhavoc Press with its PDFs so successful? Why is RPG Now, SV Games and the White Wolf Online Shop still in business? Yes, because there are a lot of Gamers with a credit card who use it!

All in all we gamers are either not interested in other (real) peoples well being or we are just to lazy or to stingy to shell out some bucks for a charity product.

So this was my little rant. Please don´t feel offended, but I had to say this.

Archer

First Post
I hadn't heard of Swords into Plowshares before and I might never have seen it if it hadn't been in the sidebar of ENWorld and I just happened to click on it because the title was curious.

Remove ads