D&D 5E Symbol of Adventuring Life

Bladecoder

First Post
Hello! Every world has some kind of symbol of an adventuring life, ships, backpacks, or even a towel for the hitchhikers out there. In my world the adventuring life is represented with a simple sword, like many others I assume. My questions: What is the symbol of the adventurer's lifestyle in your campaign? And how does this shape how your characters are interacted with?This, in my mind, is an important question because our dashing heroes will eventually be judged based on who they are; Whether it be for a simple call to adventure by a humble villager or a nefarious plot against them by a malevolent necromancer, making it one of the most important aspects of the game.

Thanks! :)

iserith

Magic Wordsmith
The adventuring symbol in my current campaign would be the silhouette of a screaming dwarf bard clown riding the back of a ginger barbarian dressed in a yeti costume with a latex-wearing minotaur rogue being dragged along behind them by a chain.

Tormyr

Hero
The adventuring symbol in my current campaign would be the silhouette of a screaming dwarf bard clown riding the back of a ginger barbarian dressed in a yeti costume with a latex-wearing minotaur rogue being dragged along behind them by a chain.

So is that a coat of arms, a banner, or is that the party composition?

As for my campaigns, the symbol of adventuring life seems to be whether it sounds like the start of a joke: "A half-orc, dragonborn, gnome, tiefling, tabaxi, and human walk into a bar..."

Nagol

Unimportant
A sword better represents a mercenary's life. I would pick a symbol with more exploratory weight, like a map in accordion folds, a magnifying glass, or an iron spike to represent adventuring.

Remove ads