• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

System size Alpha Centuari type game

Salcor

First Post
I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any games out there like Alpha Centuri but are set up to explore, and colonize and entire star system as opposed to just one planet.

Salcor

Neo

Explorer
Salcor said:
I was wondering if anyone knew if there are any games out there like Alpha Centuri but are set up to explore, and colonize and entire star system as opposed to just one planet.

Salcor

A game that is like Apha Centauri (i.e Civilisation like) but entire systems.. There arent any games that spring to mind that you control a multitude of planet surfaces so much as you did the one worlds in Alpha Centauri BUT the best universe colonising game available atm imo remains Galactic Civilisations 2: The Dread Lords (or Dark Avatar if you get it with the recent expansion) http://www.galciv2.com/ its simply the best game of this sort since Masters of Orions 2. It has everything exploration, research, construction, space battles, custom ship design and heaps more.

There was an old game where you built on multiple worlds as well as built spacecraft, researched tech, fought space battles and managed the RTS style surface combat called Imperium Galactica though I suspect it would have serious issues running on a modern computer system

Remove ads