• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

T20: High Law and Low Justice (IC Thread 2)

Douane

First Post
Maerdwyn said:
"It was not we who started the shooting, human, as the vargrs will attest. It is not our fault that we are better at it than you!" responds Henuri [...]

"WHAT!"

"I didn't shoot anybody! You shot me, you flea-bitten son of a quadruped! I hope your mangy fur falls out in tufts!" *

* Severe insults (for a Vargr) ;)

Last edited:

Douane

First Post
Once he has connected grappling hook and rope, Zaedhrarrg starts swinging the thing around, trying to get some momentum.

He will then throw the hook, aiming it at Trelene's upper body to give it a better chance of actually catching onto something.

[If he is sure that the hook sits secure (or Trelene grabbed the rope), Zaed will shout "Quick! Cover us!" before beginning to pull her in.]

doghead

thotd
Saanath pushes Polianna over to somewhere close to the doors, but out of sight. Somewhere where he can take him out into the cargo area if needed for an exchange, or eject him quickly if they get Trelene back and can close the hanger doors.

He's a little annoyed that the man has decided to show some backbone. Oh well, can't have everything.

Maerdwyn

First Post
Zaedharrg whirls the makeshift grappling hook* and tosses it towards Trelene, hoping to catch her arm, and pull her into the hangar, but it lands next to her. Still, it's within her reach, and Zaed does make eye contact with the woman, who is by now, starting to come around.

*OOC: A collasible grappling hook is a bit too much for a survival kit one wears around all the time, but it woud likely have some rope and a collapsible shovel (the one in my car does, anyway). I gave the thus-weighted rope a small (even given the relatively short distance) chance to hook Trelene outright, but it at least provides her with a solid handle to hold onto, should Zaed or others pull on the rope to bring her in.

Maerdwyn

First Post
doghead said:
Saanath pushes Polianna over to somewhere close to the doors, but out of sight. Somewhere where he can take him out into the cargo area if needed for an exchange, or eject him quickly if they get Trelene back and can close the hanger doors.

He's a little annoyed that the man has decided to show some backbone. Oh well, can't have everything.
As Saanath shoves Poliarni towards the area of the door, the agent makes a lunge for the cargo hold. Saanath grabs at him, but comes up with only a handful of hair, as the still-bound agent tumbles to the floor with a scream of pain. He begins a very undignified escape attempt, inchworming his way through the door.

Red gives a start when she sees what happened, and shouts "Let him go!" as she raises, this time, her laser pistol.

ooc: Quinn and Tomas have the opportunity to make an Attack of opportunity against Poliarni (unarmed or otherwise) as he moves past. Doing so would reduce their cover for the round somewhat.

Trelene may act, followed by Henuri.

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

Trelene Scrautigue : Luriani Navy 2/Prof 7 : Retired Makhidkarum Vice President

Maerdwyn said:
Trelene may act, followed by Henuri.

Trelene grabs the rope and thinking quickly loops it around her upper body and ties it so that it is looped under her armpits. She then grabs the rope with her hands and nods.

Well, now maybe if I'm stunned again they will be able to drag my limp body in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maerdwyn

First Post
When Quinn moves briefly into view and starts bending down, the young ship's security officer, shouts, "I said, 'LET HIM GO!'" and fires her weapon. The blast flies off wildly, and Quinn leisurely reaches down and hoists the agent up by the belt, before he can wriggle through the door. The marine pulls him back across his body and up against the wall between him and Saanath, whose eyes Poliarni accidentally meets in the process. The agent scowls, then looks away quickly, silent.

Last edited:

Watus

First Post
Quinn leans in close to Poliarni. "Try that again, and I'll just shoot you. Understand?" [Intimidate: +11]

"Now sit down and shut up while we negotiate your release."

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads