• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Taken

Velenne

Explorer
The 20-hour "mini"-series starts tonight at 9/8c on Sci-fi. What have you folks heard about it? I read in USA Today this morning that it starts off very well, but drags on with too much detail and dry acting. We'll just take that for what it's worth.

I, for one, am looking forward to watching it. 40M is a lot to spend on a mini-series so it should at least be impressive visually. Although, there's just no way I can commit to 2 hours a night for 2 weeks when I've got finals, papers, and projects to wrap up for the end of the semester. I'll try taping it and keeping up with this thread. :)

Fast Learner

First Post
I enjoyed the first episode. Some good aliens, enjoyable creepy stuff, and an interesting villain. I can't imagine watching it every day for the next 9 days, though. They should have gone weekly with it.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
This happens to be a period in which many other genre shows are doing mid-season repeats. Going weekly would have put them in more competition with other shows. And, I think they know and expect that lots of people are going to be recording and watching.

Plus, there's a concept here being tested - how do people like nearly a full season of TV, but in a smaller timespan?

Jamdin

Explorer
The first episode was okay but I don't know if I'll watch the entire 20 hours. Why didn't they just make it a limited series instead with an episode twice a week? There were some interesting sfx scenes but the acting seems a little stiff. I about fell asleep several times thoughout the first episode.

I will try to watch the rest of the "mini" series...

Ziona

First Post
I've enjoyed it so far. I thought the acting was a bit stiff, but not horrible. I guess we'll see where tonight takes us...

Jamdin

Explorer
Tonight's episode was much better. Maybe it's because I can indentify with being the odd kid out & being beat up. Now I really can't wait until tomorrow night's episode.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hm. One of the most hyped miniseries around, but very little discussion, compared to other TV shows here. I wonder how it's doing in the Neilsen ratings...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads