Taking off levels for Templates...

Hi folks,

this has probably been discussed before - and I am even hoping that it has been clarified:

One of my players wants to take a half-dragon or half-celestial template. I don't mind, but I have no experience with this template for a PC.

How many class levels should I deduct for the templates? I was thinking 3 for each template. The stats bonuses are MAJOR. The rest is as well.

---------

I know there is a table for this, but I was hoping that a few of you have already made this experience and can tell me, if they were too powerful and I should take off more levels...

Thanks for your help,

The Knight

maddman75

First Post
I just had a half-celestial paladin in Saturday's game. Not too bad really. According to the table in the race chapter in the DMG, half-celestial is 3 levels. The party was around ninth, so he was a 6th level paladin. He was tough, and a cool character - but not too tough. Remember that a half celestial is an outsider, which means he is vulnerable to protection from good etc., and can't be raised or resurrected.

(IMC we do the 'banished to home plane for 100 years' thing, so the character isn't really dead. But he is effectively out of the campaign)

Remove ads