• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tales of the Stellar Patrol: Classic Space Opera using d20 Future Rules

Lensman

First Post
The Stellar Patrol Needs YOU!
Looking for Adventure and Excitment? Want to serve your fellow man? Join the men and women of the Stellar Patrol as they patrol the space lanes and protect mankind!

conquest.jpg

Hi, I am starting a 50's style Space Opera game using the d20 Future rulebook. The year is 2090, and man has colonized the Moon and Mars and is beginning to explore the outer planets. The earth has united under the government of the Stellar Union, a federation of the many countries of Earth, the Lunar Colonies, and the Colony on Mars. Current technology is Progress Level 6: The Fusion Age. It takes hours to travel to the Moon, days to Mars, and weeks to the outer planets.

Character Creation:
Characters will start at 6th level. Ability scores will be generated using Nadaka's Dicebox. 4d6 dropping the low die rolled 6 times and placed as you wish. Hit points will we maximum at first level and rolled normally after that. Though you can re-roll one's. Most classes found in d20 Modern and d20 Future might be available to use. Just check with me first. Telepaths are specially trained Stellar Patrol operatives. They undergo intense training on a hollowed out asteroid orbitng Jupiter. Jupiter's gravity field somehow aids in the use and training of mental powers.

Equipment will be provided by me. If there is a special gadget you want you can ask me about it.

Races will be limited to Human and Robots. Mutations can be used as there were severel nuclear disasters on Earth in the past and early colonists on Mars did not have proper protection from ambient cosmic and radioactive rays.

Characters will be the command crew and/or other passengers aboard the Stellar Patrol Cruiser "Defiant". I will accept up to 5 players into the game. A Captain, Scientist, Engineer, Union Diplomat, Union Telepath, would make great characters. There will be other NPC crewmembers aboard the ship so don't worry about filling all possible roles. Dangers abound from space pirates to the mutant underground rebellion on Mars. As for the style of the game, I hope to capture a classic 50's type sci-fi feel. Think Buck Rogers and Forbidden Planet. Square jawed captains, exotic and beautiful women in distress, and bug eyed aliens! Though other than some unusal flora and fauna found on Mars, man has yet to encounter an Alien species.

Last edited:

Lensman

First Post
Let's see if anyone else is interested. Your the only one who has posted so far. I will give it some more time to see if anyone else wants to play.

Remove ads