Tales of Wyre

grodog

Hero

grodog

Hero
I don’t know what “story archives capability” is?

We used to maintain Word and PDF archives of the Wyre SH and RG threads in the Yahoo Group, and then @Cheiromancer began this reposted summary archive, which is more-easily accessible in general. At some point the forums also used to have the ability to save/export/print the forum threads to a PDF as well---that's what I meant by the archive capability, sorry for the vagary :D

Do the forums still support that capability?

Allan.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
At some point the forums also used to have the ability to save/export/print the forum threads to a PDF as well---that's what I meant by the archive capability, sorry for the vagary :D

Export forum threads to PDF? I'm sure we could never do that. I don't even know how we'd go about something like that. Are you sure that wasn't a browser plug or something you were using?

If we did used to be able to do that, I totally wasn't even aware of it!

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Export forum threads to PDF? I'm sure we could never do that. I don't even know how we'd go about something like that. Are you sure that wasn't a browser plug or something you were using?

If we did used to be able to do that, I totally wasn't even aware of it!

Used to be able to print a thread. It would then spool up all the thread pages into one long printable doc.

Then you just chose the “PDF” printer installed on your local machine.

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Addendum @Morrus there appears to be a xenForo add-on that would add this functionality if you were interested in persuing that.

There is also an "export thread" add-on that seems different from "print thread" but might allow similar concepts.

Remove ads