D&D General Tall Miniature Bases?

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Hey all! Quick question hopefully someone can help be with equally as quickly. .

In a couple of recent threads about different miniature scales, several people recommended using taller bases for smaller minis to make up the difference. I did a little googling but am having a hard time finding such bases.

Anyone have links to a good assortment (or really any example) of standard bases that are taller than the typical base giving the minis some height? Or other advice for doing this?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Glue another spare base of the same width - or two - on the bottom.

Also, "slot" bases, usually used for old metal miniatures and modern wargaming miniatures, tend to be higher than the "flat" bases usually used for modern plastic RPG miniatures.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
Take a d6 you want to put out to pasture because it's let you down one too many times, paint it over (or put some modelling clay on it and paint that), and glue the character piece to the top.

jgsugden

Legend
I bought a few hundred wooden disks, squares and rectangles of various thickness and sizes from a craft store. Then I hit them with black spray paint. Before I painted some of them, I hit them with a router to give them thin insets to hold bases of smaller sized minis. It does the job.

tommybahama

Adventurer
Etsy.com has a ton of options.

1611467239837.png
1611467442739.png
1611467476996.png

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Etsy.com has a ton of options.

I did search on etsy and quickly got overwhelmed there were so many. Most looked like they would not hold a mini very well without maybe some putty or something. I just want to be able to superglue it and forget about it.

The one in the middle is closest to what I want, though maybe half as tall. In the meantime I stacked some bases and glued them together for some height.

tommybahama

Adventurer
You would need to pin the minis to some of these bases. It's not hard. Army Painter sells tools for that.

Search for "miniature plinth base" and you will find more like the middle.

There were some in resin that were a wee bit too big. But if they were 3D printed then they can be resized. Just ask the vendor.

Check out these bases.

Remove ads