[Taruman, Land of Earth and Sky] Secrets Below

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Durak looks around for anything suspicious, but doesn't spy anything too odd. But Sylarin, checking the branch itself, looks upward to see its fate. Upon the stump is sitting small, stumphy little man with skin like bark, shaggy brown hair, seemingly wearing trousers and vest woven of leaves, a stump of a pipe held in his hand that he smokes steadily. The stump of the branch that he's sitting on seems to have broken naturally enough.

Lirelle also looks up at it curiously and furrows her brow. Tapping Dristun's shoulder and subtly pointing, between the two of them they come up with its name.

"It's an oakman, a tree spirit of sorts. They're supposed to be like dryads, and they're very cantankerous," she says softly.

Blitzen really doesn't know a lot about oakmen, but he does know a damsel in distress when he sees one.

Hearing voices behind her, the red-headed woman turns to look at the group. Her face is pale, freckled, and wet with tears, and her brown eyes are trembling and threatening to spill over again at any second.

"Please... please... I didn't mean, please, help us, help Orem," she pleads, tugging at the fallen form under the branch.

Clonz

First Post
Sikun walks towards the fallen figure, taking out his healing kit.

By her grace may Orem live. I will help you Miss, let me have a look at Orem.

If no obvious danger (weapons) come his way Sikun kneels next to Orem and checks his wounds, heal skill + 7.

OOC: Ok, Sikun takes the bait let's see how bad this hurts.

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
From Durak's perspective, Orem is trapped beneath the branch and not moving. It's possible he was just knocked out, as there's no obvious pools or blood or missing limbs or whatnot, but it's hard to say at this point. Sikun, being of a more compassionate stripe, walks in to see what's going on.

Kneeling down next to the woman, he sees that while Orem is indeed trapped by the heavy branch, and there's a huge knot on the back of his skull. What can be seen of his bones appears to be unbroken, but the man's still unconscious.

As he breaks out his healer's kit to make a soothing poultice, the oakman speaks.

"I wouldn't be doin' that if I were you. I already cursed him, and do ye want to share in his bad luck?" he saids with a nasty grin, the pipe held in his teeth smoking away furiously."

"It was an accident!" the woman whispers fiercely to Sikun.

Attachments

• Oakman.JPG
    Oakman.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 88

DwarfLover

First Post
Unconcerned about the state of the old man, or at least knowing that Sikun can handle a bump to the head, Durak continues to scan the roadside. He takes out a piece of jerky and starts to gnaw on it.

"So, what's it look like Sikun?"

ooc: I assumed Durak was a good ways away from the scene, so unless he really looks he wouldn't be able to spot the oakman.

Remove ads