Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

Halford

First Post
OOC: Curse you Pheonix!!! No worries 'Nock anything that makes Dair's precious hide a little less likely to be split is fine by me. Dibs on a greater magic weapon in, umm, several years time.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
A group of adventurers come in late at night, carrying, of all things, a cage about a meter cubed.

(OOC: Starting an opening for IVV1, but I'm not running the recruiting.)

jaker2003

Explorer
A Dwarf in damp breastplate steps forward from his apparent associates to address the patrons of the Red Dragon Inn.
"We are treasure hunters following a map, but we find that we need more talent in our company. For this reason, we stand here to recriut skilled members into our loose association. We are specifically seeking anyone with potent magical ability. Preferably the ability to heal wounds. The utilitarian and destructive might of an arcanist would also be most welcome.

Are any of you interested?
"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A dark haired human in utilitarian clothing and sporting a few light weapon on his person stand to the right and behind of the dwarf. there are a few cuts with dark red stains in his clothing. He looks aroound to asses the present clientel in the Inn.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 7/ranger 2

The door opens and a human in a shining chain shirt and shield bearing a silver falcon walks into the room. He states simply, "I am Charlarn of Phyrah. My friends and I traveled to relieve a fortress under siege, but we were too late."

Halford

First Post
Through the door strides a grinning man, with a head of messy touseled blond hair, which nevertheless lends to his rakish good looks. He wears a devilsh smile and moves with a definite swagger.

"Hello Red Dragon Inn! I'm Lerrin Honeylott, stupendously amazing articulate, Cleric of love, or more specifically Ulura. I can heal and I can feel ;), and I am none too shabby with a morningstar. Now which of you fine folks is looking for the healin' thats apealin' ;) and is ready to get out of here, oh I don't know, say pretty much now?" He laughs, a rich sonorous sound, and eyes the taverns populance appraisingly.

Nodding to Charlarn as he passes he says,

"I hope the siege did not result in too much harm Charlarn, if so you have my sympathies - would that were all lovers instead of fighters."

With that he makes a beeline for the dwarf, who he had heard speaking just as he entered.

"I heard "treasure map" and "need healing" my friends," he says pulling up a chair and leaning across the table. "I can heal, I can fight - though its hardly my specialty, and I can charm the knickers off a girl, or an Ogre from thirty paces - I've never been inclined to do the second, I've rarely been inclined not to do the first - love only gets bigger if you spread it around ;). And best of all, I need to get away for a while and am not averse to treasure hunting, what do you say my new found friends, can I consider myself hired?" His expression reveals a humorous overtone to his speech, but he is clearly a charming fellow - and just as clearly aware of the fact.

[sblock=OOC] Well I'd like to sign up if you will have me fellas. I retired my thus far unused Urban Ranger since I have not been able to get him into a game and knocked up Lerrin here. He currently has an 18 charisma as he is using his domain power and is basically a standard meleeish cleric with a heavy dose of social skills - he is a cleric of the goddess of lovers![/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Another figure comes in. He is small, a halfling, wearing simple traveling clothes under a grey cloak. The cloak is trimmed with white. He smiles at Joe wearily and bows to the inn "Hi. Ignatious O'Reilly at your service." he says.

He then heads over to join Charlarn. "Hi there. Well, we know there are dragons afoot, but here we are drinking beer."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 7/ranger 2

Halford said:
Nodding to Charlarn as he passes he says,

"I hope the siege did not result in too much harm Charlarn, if so you have my sympathies - would that were all lovers instead of fighters."
I don't know what happened in the fort. We weren't able to get close enough to find out the fates of the defenders.
He then heads over to join Charlarn. "Hi there. Well, we know there are dragons afoot, but here we are drinking beer."
Charlarn nods and says, "Aye, my friend. A real shame. To absent friends." He raises his mug and pats his shield. "May the Searcher guide them home."

jaker2003

Explorer
When none of his companions object, Oskar welcomes Lerrin with a smile and open arms.

Oskar faces the tavern again and asks, "Any other spellcasters interested in some treasure hunting?"

OOC: Link to the the adventure is in my signature \/
The Forgotten Map

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Lerrin grins,

"Right! Well while we wait to see if anyone else bites why don't you go ahead and fill me in on the details of your venture."

He sits back and asks a question here and there, asking for them to repaeat the verse from the map,

"Ah the ugly sister, of course all Ulura's sisters are ugly in comparions to my sex pot goddess, but then so is everyone else ;). Not that I can make a great deal of sense out of these mad rambling either I am afraid. Seems this Skrate is our best bet."

He shrugs,

"Looks like we are hunting for a lizard then, I take it we start on the morrow?"

OOC: Obviously I am assuming you guys fill Lerrin in on the action so far.

[sblock=Religion 17, History 14, Lore 13 Map, Lore 3 Lizard]Religion, History, Lore on Map, Lore on Lizard (1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=14, 1d20+1=13, 1d20+1=3) [/sblock]

Remove ads