Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn '08

LesserSky

First Post
Barask - Orc Barbarian

InVinoVeritas said:
The dwarf grins. "Certainly. Make it out of ceramic. Then it breaks before it bends. But that's just a gnome trick. Otherwise, an adamantine crowbar, although prohibitively expensive for its intended purpose, will withstand a giant pulling on it."

"This city's great, with the different folks here. Just great. Do you have a name, orc?"

The orc nods. Gnomes are tricky. ... My name is Barask

LesserSky

First Post
InVinoVeritas said:
The dwarf grins. "Kolex, Thargon Kolex. Tell me, as an orc, what qualities do you look for in a weapon?"

"The best weapon is the one you have in your hand." Barask grins, then continues, "My friend taught me that."

"Sometimes different weapons are better. I like the weapons I have, but there are still some that I would want to have. I don't have a long spear."

thegreyman

First Post
A silver haired man walks into the RDI and strides over to the bar. "Well Joe, we made it back from the mines with that bug problem. There were a couple of 'em, but by Grendath, we took them out without a problem!"

He turns to the room, "My name is Dorrin, by the way, a wandering cleric of Grendath. I've recently come into some wealth, " he says jingling his pouch suggestively, "and I was wondering if there were any smiths in the tavern slaking their thirst, looking for some additional work?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I can definitely make you a longspear, Barask. I have a few in my shop right now. If you want something special, of higher quality, I can make that for you as well."

As Dorrin walks in and announces his intentions, the mottled dwarf jumps off his stool with a laugh. "Haha! I and my companion Barask here were just discussing making a longspear. I would be the smith you seek. My name is Kolex, Thargon Kolex. What are you looking for?"

thegreyman

First Post
"Well, Master Kolex, ideally I would like a finely crafted longsword and shield. Perhaps this would be better discussed in your forge, where we can hammer out the details." Dorrin chuckles at his own joke before looking to see if Kolex agrees.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Into the tavern walks a short little gnome with a gnarled walking stick. He wears a light blue cloak, and a weasel is wrapped around his neck, dozing. With a wave at Joe, he steps onto the announcement platform and, puffing his chest out imperiously and throwing back his cloak with dashing flair, he pronounces, "Fimbus Leyron Aukits Macklerey Gimmons the third, illusionist extraordinaire, at your service!" He bows low, his bulbous nose almost touching the floor, and the weasel around his neck jumps onto his back and stands up straight. Fimbus rights himself, the weasel climbs into his hands, and he dismounts the stage.

Up at the bar he speaks with Joe for a moment and soon receives a small mug of something light. Turning to the patrons he asks, with his eyebrow cocked as though he were asked deliver a strange message, "Ah, excuse me, sorry to bother, but have any of you been... waiting here for me?"

Last edited:

Knight Otu

First Post
Semabin, who had been kind of dozing jolts up at Fimble's entrance. One of the small folks. I think a gnome? Before he can even hear the question, he stands and goes upstairs, muttering. "I shouldn't be sleeping, I should be training. Voice, scimitars, dancing? Well, something."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases