Tavern - City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn 2010-17

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

""You know Nurly and Eanos, we should go back to Monemvassia some day, and teach that Frump a lesson! Mhm, make him regret what he did! That's what we should do some day!"

Eanos smiles at the halfling's antics and says, "I suspect there's only so long Frump can play all sides before he finds himself surrounded. But for now, even knighthood in Monemvassia doesn't insulate us enough to circumvent the Prince's protection."

Ximix

First Post
Ximix has listened on the sidelines to the epic tale... and finds that his eyes have narrowed in disgust, nodding along with the halflings general threat against the foul illusionist.

orsal

LEW Judge
"Wa-waaait a second, you mean the guy that got Ashnar and you killed is still alive, and even has a role of importance in Monemvassia? That's so wrong! Why did you let him get away with that! Argh, he's lucky I wasn't there at the time or... or... err-I'd do something really, uhm, bad to him!"

Irene swings her empty glass around in a wild manner, perhaps signalling that big glasses of wine can have an interesting effect on small halflings.

"You know Nurly and Eanos, we should go back to Monemvassia some day, and teach that Frump a lesson! Mhm, make him regret what he did! That's what we should do some day!"

Nurlan nods gently, and replies. "If Mordik had stayed with us, I'm sure he would have snorted, `Politics!' with the disdain he always showed for such games. But you know, Prince Medius and his advisors are well apprised of Frump's character, and I don't think there's much we can do beyond that. I chose to establish my business outside the city walls to keep some distance from the unsavoury business that kings and courtiers play. As long as I don't get myself involved in the court intrigue, it's unlikely to get itself involved in my affairs. I like it that way.

"I was hired as an agent of the crown, I carried out my duties, and was rewarded accordingly. To begin a vendetta against a high-ranking appointee of the same crown, however ill-considered his appointment might be, would needlessly throw all that away."

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: I didn't have a plan for Frump beyond his first encounter with the party. His role evolved as the adventure progressed. I believe the court wizard was assassinated by the Black Hand in M3, so I knew they were on the lookout for a replacement. Frump was powerful & the crown amoral, so they seemed a natural fit. Would be fun to revisit some of that. Beyond me, though, at least for now.

Knight Otu

First Post
The door to the Red Dragon opens, and a woman clad in mostly bright clothes enters, a dark cloak, black on the outside, red on the inside hanging from her shoulders. A few burn marks on her skin are visible as she looks into the round with her ash-gray eyes. She faintly smiles at seeing some familiar faces, though some might not realize that they knew him. "I am Ashnar." she simply says.

Velmont

First Post
A young boy, around 8 years old enter the place, carrying a large box. The box is so big compare to him that he cannot see where he is heading and bump into Ashnar. "Sorry!" tells the boy and move around without even looking at the women. He heads to the bar and with all his strength, put the heavy box on the counter. "Joe, here your spices delivery. Daddy should be here in a moment."

He turns around and look at the people in the Inn. He see Ashnar in the doorway. "Hey Ashnar! Look what Opale have taught me." He pick up a small stone from his pocket. He then pronounce a few word and the rock starts to glow faintly.

[SBLOCK=Spellcraft 15]The young boy just cast a light spell, but the pronunciation of the words still need to be perfected, explaining the faint glow instead the bright light.[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Ashnar]You recognize Salvador, the oldest son of Rinaldo. You also know he has been a student of Opale for two years by now. Opale is the cousin-in-law of Rinaldo and an illusionist.[/SBLOCK]

Knight Otu

First Post
"Ah, Salvador! Why are you carrying that box all by yourself?" Ashnar asks the boy before he performs his spell. "Light, I see. A very useful spell." she says, slightly wondering whether she should nudge Salvador towards the right pronunciation, or whether she should let Opale do that. But it might be a bit too useful for a boy like Salvador if she helped now.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan, on seeing Ashnar, welcomes his erstwhile companion with a hearty greeting. "Ashnar! This is definitely a reunion of old friends. Oh, Irene... I don't think I mentioned some of the things that happened to our buddies after we finished our work together in Monemvassia. This... well, you can see Ashnar's had some adventures of a different kind. He'll -- should I say she'll? -- whatever, Ashnar'll have to tell you about it himself."

Then the boy enters, and captures the bard's attention. "Salvador, you've changed too. You are distinctly bigger than when I last met you. Irene, did you ever meet Rinaldo's boy, Salvador?"

[sblock=ooc]Nurlan met Salvador at least twice, at the Red Dragon Inn when he entertained the kid without Rinaldo noticing by using a message spell, and again at Tenebrynn's pre-mega-adventure party. That party was also where he first encountered Ashnar's (and Hogarth's) new bodies, although I don't think he ever really heard the story behind them.[/sblock]

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Uhm-Hi Ashnar! Long time, no see! You look... different than I remember! Yes, quite different indeed. Magical mishap, perhaps?"

"I don't think I have, Nurlan! Hi Salvador! Nice trick there!"

Knight Otu

First Post
"Nurlan! Irene. Eanos. Razh. There really isn't much of a story to tell about my change. Magical mishap is an apt description, but thankfully it wasn't my magic that went awry." Ashnar replies before she looks at Irene. "Long time indeed. I think it was when we ran after Jezibel. Too bad I did not have Fareye back then, maybe we could have found you."

Remove ads