• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tavern Tales Chapter #1: The Forgotten Forge

Ashy

First Post
Snow-in-Dusk almost smiles at her new friend's courage and determination. Regardless of that which the Traveller tells her, she nods, a scowl still on her features. "Aye. Litlow be right, Lady. I'll have no dealin's with those who'll not take my hand in friendship." The shifter stands, her eyes locked with this pompous woman, the fury simmering in her own. She can feel the change coming over her, her canines growing, her face contorting. "Good day, Lady.", she growls, her voice much deeper and far more feral than any there have ever heard it...

OOC: I'd still like to know what info my spell confered.

jasamcarl

First Post
Snow: The Traveller does not discern the Lady's nature as particularly sinful.

As the party vents its disgust at her apparently poor manners, Elaydren speaks up, "I'm surprised that a company that would tolerate thieving from the dead.." she looks to Reg, "...would also see fit to hang so dearly to formality.." Her stare is cold as ice, "Am I wrong in thinking that you will take whatever you can get, whether offered or not?"

Ashy

First Post
Snow-in-Dusk shoots a venomous look first at Reg and then at the Lady. "Not all of us performed the actions of which you speak, nor do we approve of them!" Her shifter nature now emerges, dramatically, with her claws growing before your very eyes and her facial features shifting become far more feral and frightening. Her very form bulks up and seems to hunch forward more, although you cannot tell if it is from gained muscle or bulky fur beneath her clothing.

The shifter growls low in her chest. "Let's go, Litlow. Before I rip through these fools and blood flows fresh o'er my lips!"

OOC: What about the other chars, DM?

Last edited:

shouit

Explorer
"Lady. I was not informed of the theft until this morning, and if I knew I would have informed the proper authorities. Yeah, that's what I would do. Or would I have told the Hammer...." Litlow looks up in thought. "WE do not take items, Reg does. But he did tell me that he had a good reason. Hmmmm... Reg, what was the reason again?" Looking at Reg for an answer.

Macbeth

First Post
Reg huddles over to the side, attempting to speak to only Litlow and Snow. "Look, here's how it is. I know you've been talking about me. I know you don't like me, and that's fine. But you should know, I've been watching out for you. Sure, it may not fit with somebody's absolute notion of right and wrong, but I've been watching out for you, and me. If it's really that big a deal, you can have what I took. But I think you need to put aside what the law says, and look at why I did it."
"As for this Lady, yeah, she stinks of betrayl and drips of double crossing, but that doesn't mean we can't take her work. We do her job, we get enough dirt on her so that she owes us, and then we do this our way. For... the greater good. Or whatever it is you're in this for."

Ashy

First Post
Snow-in-Dusk snarls, baring her glittering white teeth at the changeling. "There is NO excuse for what you did, Reg! I care nothing for the laws of this insane place, but the sanctity of the dead is NOT to be dimissed or defiled!" The shifter grabs the changeling by the collar with one hand and pulls his face to her's - nose to nose. "Do you understand that, Reg?", she says slowly, venom dripping from each word...

Macbeth

First Post
Reg trys to get his head as far away from Snow as possible. "Yeah, I understand you. I don't think the same way, but if it bothers you enough to bother me, I won't do it again."

Ashy

First Post
"GOOD!", Snow-in-Dusk shoves Reg violently backwards, back into his seat and then wheels on the Lady. She looks down at the glasses of wine and with a back-handed sweep, smashes the glasses, sending glass fragments and wine everywhere. "State the reward you propse for this bauble!"

Remove ads