[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks ruefully at his underfull purse, then he, too, makes his way out.

"We should meet at the city gate in an hour," he calls after the others as they disperse.

OOC: Off for rations.

jbear

First Post
As adventurers stampeede out of the bar, a tall thickly bearded silverhaired old man bent over a staff struggles past them into the bar. He mutters something about 'the youth of today...' before heading to the corner where the elf who entered shortly before him sits alone at a table in the corner.

"Master Scorchsong, perhaps we have some time now to sit and study some magic together. Have you thought on aquiring any new scrolls with our Windfall?"

He calls for drinks to be brought and asks the waitress to bring them both something warm and not rotten 'even if it costs a bit more' he adds with a wink.

He takes off his boots and puts some very holey socked feet up on the chair, stretching back, a wide smile of enjoyment spread across his face, content to soak up the atmosphere in the Dunnwright while he waits for his order to arrive.

OOC: Relic Nevyn, lvl 1 Human Wizard (also a whisker away from 2nd lvl) enters the bar:
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Relic_Nevyn_(jbear)

Qik

First Post
Quioan smiles as the grizzled old man joins him. "I have indeed given the notion of procuring new spells a bit of thought. I was mostly thinking in terms of defensive spells - protection from evil, for instance, and perhaps vanish as well. The latter would have been useful when I was trying to get away from that damn wolfhound the other day. As for sharing notes, I would love to, but first," says the elf, reaching into his pack, "I should like to get a proper look at this." As Quioan smooths out the parchment, Relic sees that it's the summon monster scroll he had gifted him a few days ago. "Once I've had a crack at this, maybe we can walk down to the Mystic Pearl for a bit of scroll-shopping. In the meantime, you're welcome to have a look at my book, if it pleases you."

OOC: I'm going to try and memorize this summon monster spell. jbear, feel free to have a crack at another of Quioan's spells.

After about an hour of study, Quioan looks up, his attempts at good humor failing to completely mask his obvious frustration. "Well, looks like today just isn't conducive to academic studies - must be all of the recent excitement. How are your coming along with my notes?"

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
OOC: To any Judges frequenting the Inn: A Question about norms and rules
I'm not sure this has come up, but I'm wondering what the rules or norms are when two wizards become friends and share spell books. We've both just finished and adventure, and it seems like the perfect time to spend our well earned loot on new scrolls and study spells and fill page after page of new spells. What is the appropriate way for us to do this? I'd appreciate any kind of 'official ruling' on this before Qik and I start trying to expand our knowledge considerably; I don't want to feel like we are cheating in someway. Finding a fellow wizard willing to share spells is quite a boon for both of us. Thanks in advance to any one who can give me the low down :)

[MENTION=6673727]Qik[/MENTION] I'm keen as mustard to go scroll shopping and study Quioan's book! But I prefer to wait to get the okay by a judge.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Noticing the Wizards talking among themselves Veniarus nods towards them, and slowly but surely the great beast that entered with Veniarus walks over to the two Wizards and says "Hello, my name is Kalius. My master noticed that you two happen to be studying something and wanted to ask if you needed any assistance in your efforts?"

Qik

First Post
Quioan looks up from his all-but-abandoned studies, gives a momentary pause when he sees the beast who is addressing them, and, recovering, responds. "Quioan Scorchsong," he says, extending his hand, "and the grizzled old dog here," he grins, "is Relic. Your master's offer is quite welcome, but unnecessary; there are some things that can only be learned by one's self, and the art is one of them. Still," he says, gesturing, "you are welcome to join us, if you see fit." Rolling up the scroll he had been studying, he continues, "I've just about concluded my studies for the day, anyway, unsuccessful though they were, and would welcome a diversion. From where do you two hail?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"It is nice to meet you Quioan, and Relic." the creature says, as the Half-Elf walks over to join them not saying anything but taking in all that they were doing. "My Master's name is Veniarus." The Creature says indicating the Half-Elf. "There is no shame in asking for the assistance of others who practice the Art." the Half-Elf says in a near whisper.

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
Relic snaps shut his spellbook and looks up in annoyance. He studies the creature before him in silence while Quioan responds.

"To Master Scorchsong my name is Relic, to you I am Nevyn ...Diversion indeed! And how prey tell would you assist us, creature?"

He veritably scowls at the half-elf.

"What? Speak up man, you're mumbling. I'm deaf enough as it is without you whispering as though you had something to hide! What's that you say? No shame in asking for assistance??? I don't remember anyone asking you for assistance. You or your demon that you seem to allow to speak for you."

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Start of Recruiting for the Mightiest Weapon

The door of the inn opens, the resulting daylight bringing in fine weather and two men dressed in light cloaks over leather vests. They wear long daggers at their sides, and each man carries a scroll in hand.

Both men make a point to try to brush by the other, as they both unfurl the scrolls and try to outshout each other.

"From the Honorable Council of the Merchant's Guild...", one man starts.

"From the Artists of the Craftsmen's Guild...", the other man shouts louder, not to be outdone.

"It is with great regret and reluctance that we have agreed to offer employment in a matter concerning the well-being of our fair city!"

"It is our earnest hope that we might be able to hire stalwart men and women that would be willing to come to the defense of the peace!"

"Some days ago the well mannered citizen known as Callery Frickard was found dead, viciously murdered by a person or persons unknown. His death is such a matter of import that it may yet cause civil unrest and rioting..."

"Though we have had issue with a Callery Frickard in the past, our Guild respected his great talents and lament his recent murder by persons unknown. His death threatens the harmony of our city and has led to reports of violence against our members..."

"It is imperative..."

"It is crucial..."

"That we hire those outside our guilds for the purpose of being neutral, non-Guild
investigators that may find the murderer or murderers before riots overtake our fine city!"

Both men heave and gasp for breath, after trying to shout above each other.

OOC: Looking for four adventures, who are at second level. Details here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/309383-lpf-mightiest-weapon.html#post5637075

Remove ads