[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Systole

First Post
The dwarf looks at the halfling messenger and sighs. "Apparently being the subject of an epic ballad is still not sufficient to qualify Cavernous Hode as a mighty adventurer whose name is know far and wide. Well, Cavernous Hode is happy with his lot nevertheless. A moderately successful veteran of two legendary quests is more than he ever expected to become when he first arrived."

He ponders all this for a moment. "The lack of bodices to rip has been disappointing, however. Perhaps Cavernous Hode should focus his energies on buckling swashes in the meantime."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Magic Stone, Produce Flame, Shillelagh

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pointing to Cavernous Hode, Heinrich says to Morgrym and Robert, "Now I haf not yet done so, but Buckling uf svaches sounds to be .. .. .. fun."

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=Halfling][/sblock]
The young halfling looks over at mention of the name Cavernous Hode and her brow furrows. "Now, why's that sound familiar?" she mutters. She flips open her satchel and begins rooting around in it. After a few moments she withdraws another cream-colored envelope. The envelope is rumpled and part of the seal has broken off; it is fairly obvious that it slipped into the bottom of the satchel and other, heavier things were placed on top of it. The halfling looks chagrined as she approaches the table where Cavernous Hode sits.

"Ya said you know this Hode fellow? I gots a delv'ry for 'im. If you'd be so kind as to point me in his direction..."

Systole

First Post
The tavern fills with a high pitched whine whose origin is, at first hard to pinpoint. After a moment, it becomes clear that the sound is, impossibly, emanating from the pale-eyed cave druid. In the history of the world, it seems likely that this particular noise has never been made by a member of the dwarven race … nor does it seem likely that a dwarf will ever make such a noise again.

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Cavernous Hode has arrived! He is one of the special kids! His chops have been duly made and his fledges are full to bursting! He is … he is … he is without words!”

Before the red-haired halfling can react, he snatches the letter from her hand. “Cavernous Hode thanks the red-haired messenger! Truly she is a goddess sent from the darkest depths below! But Cavernous Hode must get supplies! Adventuring supplies!” He suddenly looks worried. “Oh no! What if he is underdressed? Or tardy? His adventuring privileges might be revoked! He must hurry!”

With that said, the dwarf hurries out the door as fast as his stubby legs can carry him.

In the rafters, Mister Dickens gives a disgusted snort. He crawls down a post, and slinks towards the exit. Before he leaves, he shoots Kor the raven a dark look, but the rat apparently can't bring himself to hiss and snarl. It seems that it has been proven absolutely and beyond any doubt that Mister Dickens has the most uncool master ever.

Triskaideka

First Post
Harkoz smiled grimly over his mug at Cavernous Hode’s exuberant joy, before he lifted his drink in salutary farewell to the dwarf. “Here’s to Master Hode, who has arrived as an adventurer. May he yet survive, and prosper while he’s at it. Gods know it can be dangerous and unforgiving work.” Kor, the raven, puffed up his chest in showy arrogance, confident that his master was extremely cool indeed. Mr. Dickens could almost see the condescension in the bird’s gaze as it stared down his beak at the rat.

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra passes the squealing dwarf as he exits with his giant rat. Galandra gives them a long look but eventually makes her way to the bar. "Ale, please"

WindCrystal

First Post
Quietly retreating from the scene, Amien makes his way to the bar as well, making his way to a seat near where Galandra is at, but not one right next to her, "I'll have a spiced ale." He glances over to her, "I guess you're not one of the names drawn either, huh? I suppose I should use my free time to visit the shop later."

Mr.Tinker

First Post
Pointing to Cavernous Hode, Heinrich says to Morgrym and Robert, "Now I haf not yet done so, but Buckling uf svaches sounds to be .. .. .. fun."

Morgrym just nods with a smile. Truth be told, he is not even sure what Cavernous Horde or Heinrich are talking about " aye... we should do that one day Heinrich ! "
[sblock=Busy Busy]
I am a bit preoccupied by work and friends til next monday. Just wanted to let you peeps know ;-) !
[/sblock]

Remove ads