[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
The young Venzan woman, back to the bar, watches Iago approach as she nurses her beer. After hearing his words, she relaxes a bit. Her green eyes still scan in an inquisitive fashion, but her level of physical tension seems to be waning. She is dressed simply, although her off-white long tunic with red religious symbology (Cortesian) and trim is somewhat notable.

"Yes, that sounds alright with me," Charity implicitly agrees as she gestures to a nearby open barstool. "If it wasn't clear from before, I am Charity, one of the guards from the Temple of Cortesia. And, this broad-shouldered gentleman with the shiny new belt is Robert." She gestures to her compatriot, giving a noticeable break for another speaker.

[sblock=ooc]She desperately needs to go shopping, but for purposes of the DWI thread, she hasn't brought any gear past her dagger, anyway.[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
"Yes, take a seat. There are still some left overs from the Halfling's order, so feel free. You looking for a job here too? Oh and what was your name? I didn't catch it." Robert says in a welcoming tone.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Iago, of Venza. A pleasure to meet you both," Iago profers his hand to each in turn, and sits. He takes a pull of his mead. "Yes, I am looking for work. You are looking as well?"

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago
Initiative: +2
AC: 17 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 42 Current: 42
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +1;
PER Roll: +8/+10 (bonus for searching for objects or judging spoiled food)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow

Extracts prepared:
Level 1: Shield, Shield, Identify, Expeditious Retreat, *unassigned*
Level 2: Bull’s Strength, Alchemical Allocation, Alchemical Allocation

Mutagen prepared:
Strength: +2 Natural Armor Bonus, +4 STR, -2 INT

Weapons:
+1 Falchion: Attack: +6 = [BAB(3) + STR(2) + Misc(0) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d4+4, S, Crit: 18-20/x2

Bomb: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(1**) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 3d6+5.5*, Fire, Crit: 20/x2 (only 1d6 multiplied); Rng: 20'
Special: Make 8 bombs/day

Longbow: Attack: +6* = [BAB(3) + DEX(2) + Misc(+1, MW) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+2*, P, Crit: 20/x3, Rng: 110; Ammo: 20

*+1 to-hit, +1 dmg w/in 30’

[/sblock]

Lindeloef

First Post
After shaking Iago's hand Robert responses "Kind of, we just came back from a job so a bit downtime is welcome. But if an opportunity comes by, I wouldn't say no."

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity nods, her mop of red hair moving with the gesture, "Hunh. I'm pretty much thinking the same thing. After the rats-in-the-cellar duty, I was still rearing for more. But this latest escapade, with the book, look a bit more out of me." She lets the thought trail for a moment before continuing, "Although, I've been seeing more of these vermin in the streets, not as big as the ones in that wine cellar, but still… somebody's gotta do something about this."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Giant rats, then?" asks Iago. "Sounds like an unpleasant job. Did you happen to save any of their incisors?" He asks casually.

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago

Extracts prepared:

Mutagen prepared:

Weapons:

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
The young woman looks a little surprised, "You actually need those?" Thinking a moment, she continues, "Hunh. Well, I can't say as I got any, I was dealing with cleaning the wounds the teeth created, helping to stave off the fever they spread. This one lady… dame she said… something… got torn down in a single bite. These things were the size of dogs." With that, Charity holds her hands about three feet apart, and adds, "Head to butt."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"That large? They do sound dangerous," the alchemist observes, impressed. "As for the teeth, they have their uses. They can be used to catalyze transformative invigorations in sanguine extracts. It's a matter of exploiting their localized neoteny -- " He breaks off, seeing his companions' glazed expressions. "Rat incisors keep growing their whole lives. Makes them useful for some kinds of healing potions," he finishes awkwardly.

[sblock=Iago stat block]
Iago

Extracts prepared:

Mutagen prepared:

Weapons:

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Charity nods. "Hunh. I'm afraid I lack even a baseline understanding of your craft, so the layman's description, it is. Thinking about it, you might be able to land the teeth you need pretty easily; I imagine the 'street meat' market is pretty flush now." She takes another sip of her beer, thinking a moment.

Shifting gears, Charity continues, "So, am I to assume you're not the sort that mixes up a bunch of magical elixirs and puts them up for sale before calling it a day? But rather, perhaps, someone who puts such knowledge to work in the field? I must say the latter is more dangerous, but more interesting, to say the least." Finishing up her thought, she seems to notice she's twirling a finger in her hair and quickly puts and end to it, as if caught doing something unseemly.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"No, I am not a member of the Venzan Alchemist's Guild," a hint of bitterness creeps into the half-orc's words, but he moves on. "I...make my living in the field, as you say." He takes a pull of his mead. "I take it you spend your time in the field as well? Away from the temple?"

Remove ads