• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

toasterferret

Explorer
OOC: By my math I have 267+267+300 (first three encounters) plus 53 days worth of time xp (371), making my total 1205xp before xp from this fight. My math could be off but its really neither here nor there because my second character will be eligible on the 11th (Falkners 2 month anniversary), and it seems Holyman is cool with me joining partway through.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Ah I see what I've done - not put up the XP for the previous encounter on the 1st page. I'll award XP for this fight early the, but you cannot level until after the encounter.

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra, ranger 2

A lone wander walks into the bar. He looks tired, as though a great deal has happened in a short amount of time. Finding a lone stool to sit upon, he takes a seat and waits for the waitress to stop buy.

Looking around, he notices that most people are disappearing into the back room, no doubt finding work.

With a shrug, and an order of cheap wine, the man sits and drinks his wine in silence.

Walking Dad

First Post
Vermag, Half-Orc NPC

The door of the tavern opens and beside of the smells and noises of the city, a finely dressed half-orc enters.

"Hello, my name is Vermag and I would like to get one more of your delicate meals why I wait for my employees to return." The half-orc announces in a pleasant baritone voice.

OOC: NPC, waiting for the end of the Sunken Temple adventure.

A lone wander walks into the bar. He looks tired, as though a great deal has happened in a short amount of time. Finding a lone stool to sit upon, he takes a seat and waits for the waitress to stop buy.

Looking around, he notices that most people are disappearing into the back room, no doubt finding work.

With a shrug, and an order of cheap wine, the man sits and drinks his wine in silence.
Vermag winks at the ranger. "At last, one of you returned. Were you successful? Where are the others?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The doors to the Dunn Wright Inn fling open, as if from a stiff breeze. The deep, quiet sound of drums can be heard, and murmurs percolate through the room, from no one in particular.

"Is it him?" "He's the one, isn't he?" "The Red Hand? Here?"

In steps a half-orc, his skin a tawny yellow, almost shining golden in the lamplight. He wears a fresh new outfit, a brocade of quality in red and gray, and a fresh mantle of gray material with a large red handprint on the back. His hands are gloveless, and dyed a deep red. His cloak floats and whips about, dramatically caught in some phantom gale.

"Ah, Marla, Good to see you! Please, fill my mug!" he calls, a mug flying off the counter and landing in his hand. He sits down at one table, already marked with a similar large crimson handprint, and rests grandly.

jackslate45

First Post
Vermag winks at the ranger. "At last, one of you returned. Were you successful? Where are the others?"

OCC: Note to self, go farther back in history to make sure the NPC actually arrived...

The ranger woke from his daze, noticing at last the half-orc sitting there. I must be exhausted... Aradra says to himself, and goes up to sit next to the half-orc.

"We were successful. The girls have been turned over the Watch to allow them safe passage home. It seemed that someone was abducting more woman, and was planning on sacrificing them to some blood god. Ask Kanli about the god. He went to relieve her anger at being betrayed by the cleric there."

"However, Kilkin was in critical condition, and the others are still receiving treatment. I do not know when they are to return. "

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem the Cook (PC)

The door to the inn swings open once more and in steps a halfling looking out of place in this den of adventurers and sell swords. He wears peasant clothes and wears a rough and worn backpack. He has red hair, green eyes, and a sun-baked complexion. A sack is tied to the backpack and swings gently to and fro. He approaches your table and licks his lips in nervousness before saying, "Excuse me! I'm awfully sorry to bother you but I heard the Dunn Wright Inn was famous for a chef that specializes in exotic recipes. The local halfling farms have mentioned that I should look him up if I wanted to pick up a trick or two. I'm a cook by trade, though I travel often. I thought I might drop in and ask around."

Walking Dad

First Post
Vermag, Half-Orc NPC

The ranger woke from his daze, noticing at last the half-orc sitting there. I must be exhausted... Aradra says to himself, and goes up to sit next to the half-orc.

"We were successful. The girls have been turned over the Watch to allow them safe passage home. It seemed that someone was abducting more woman, and was planning on sacrificing them to some blood god. Ask Kanli about the god. He went to relieve her anger at being betrayed by the cleric there."

"However, Kilkin was in critical condition, and the others are still receiving treatment. I do not know when they are to return. "

"Ah, I see. Then I will check my contacts with the watch. Please tell the others I will be back soon and bringing your reward, once you success is confirmed."
Vermag answers, gets up and leaves the tavern.

Remove ads