[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Mr.Tinker

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Scott, where exactly is Heinrich from? Is it the Landadel Baronies? Because if it is, Lyrra might actually understand his native dialect and be able to speak it in turn. I was just wondering.[/sblock]

Lyrra's eyes glaze over as a flurry of activity breaks out after the conclusion of the comedy act. This was far more activity than she could ever have hoped for. Then someone mentions something called the Sithir? Mountains, She had never heard of these Mountains before... "Where are these Sith'er mountains? I don't recognize that name." And finally the man called Heinrich spoke in a language she thought she recognized...

Catching Morgryms attention, he draws what seems to be sulfur match from his backpack. He ignites it and quickily draws a rough map made of smoke in the air. " lass, it's here on the eastern continent of E'n. " and before the map disappears, the alchemist adds a x to mark the capitol " ... and this is where I am from. The magnificent city of precious metals and good craftsmanship, but to get there you need to travel over vast treacherous mountains and wicked underground paths ". Morgrym scratches his head to emphasize his point " I am actually surprised I got here whole "

OOC: I saw the Morgrym/Morrogrim similarity and possible confusion when I was creating her. It was one of the reasons I went with the more proper "Dame" title. :)
OOC: Good thinking :-D

"The Seithr mountains, Lyrra, were my first home. I am no longer welcome there," says Tirgas with some discomfort. "It seems the lad hails from there as well." Nodding in thanks to Dame Morrogrim, Tirgras again turns to Heinrich and Morgrym and says, "Why don't you two come join us at Dame Morrogrim's table? Her food is good and her generosity extraordinary."

When Morgrym hears the proposition of free food he is sold and jumps right out of his seat. He picks up his backpack and finds a chair at Dame Morrogrim's table . With a wolfish grin, he says " Ladies, Gents " before ravenously throwing himself at what ever food on the table, especially the crisps. " aye, the lass is generous indeed " he whispers to Tigras.

Turning to the host Dame Morrogrim, without explanation, he asks bluntly " what do you wish to know ? "

Heinrich nods slowly and sadly, "Ja, like Düster Haus, not to go back there." He movers the Dame M's table, but does not par take of the food yet.

Tirgas gives Heinrich a sympathetic smile and nod. "A fellow exile, then. I somehow doubt that you were compelled to leave this Düster Haus as a result of forswearing all clan allegiances and obligations in a druidic oath, however. If I may ask, what was it that drove you to Venza?"

Taking notice of the conversation, he does not however participate, interested in knowing Heinrich's answer.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Heinrich is it? Your dialect seems familiar to me? It is similar to my own. Do you by chance hail from the Landadel Baronies somewhere?" Lyrra asks Heinrich with a friendly smile on her face.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich notices suddenly that a third(?) inquarry of his past has been made and suddenly shifts to the look of a cornered wild animal. He feels the element of fire with in him wanting to burst out, but he has loong learned to control that urge. He concentrates to calm down, then lets out a very loud, long sigh.

"I am vanted man in home barony. I burn Baron to protect Parents."

Scott DeWar

Heinrich stands and moves to the hearth. The fire perks up until he sits at the stone base, the fire seemingly becomes sulky - much like the wizard's mood. The flames lower to almost the shape of a sad hound sitting at his master's feet.

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim ignores the attack on her food by the new guests. She intently observes map created in smoke and then shifts her attention to Heinrich. She silently watches him over her glass, her hazel eyes dancing with specks of gold in the candlelight, as she sips wine.

Lindeloef

First Post
Coming back from the bathroom, Robert sees Morgrym moved on to another table (and possible victims for his poker dice skills) and Heinrich glooming at the fire place. Getting two glasses of milk from the bar, Robert goes to Heinrich.

"So Heinrich, back in the bathroom I have seen some dirty limericks written on the walls in the dialect you speak. You wouldn't be the author of it, would you?" smiling, with intend to cheer Heinrichs mood, Robert offers a glass of milk to him "Here drink, it is really good for you and tastes delicious. Prost."

Grayn

First Post
Dame Morrogrim sets her glass down, snatches up her deck of cards and brushes the crumbs off the table while smoothing out the purple table cloth. She drops her gaze at Heinrich and begins to skillfully shuffle the cards. She places three cards face up in front of her, pausing at each to contemplate the image.

[sblock=Cards]
r50.jpg r1.jpg r62.jpg
[/sblock]

Once the third card is placed, she reviews all three together. With a single, deft movement, she picks up all three cards, turns them over and returns them to the deck.

Setting the deck in front of her, she retrieves her wine glass and sips slowly, while her gaze returns to Heinrich.

Scott DeWar

Hienrich takes the offered glas, his expression softens a little as he returns the salute, "Prost". He draws a long pull of the cold milk, belches and then gets a mischivious look in his eyes as they narrow aand slowly shift towards the direction of the privy.

"Vas any limrick uf Baron Staben von Drei-Spitzen? If still there, ja might haf been me"

*ba ha ha ha ha ha!* His laugh comes as mirthful chuckles!

"Prost, To goot friends!" His toast is directed to all in the tavern.

Once the third card is placed, she reviews all three together. With a single, deft movement, she picks up all three cards, turns them over and returns them to the deck.

Setting the deck in front of her, she retrieves her wine glass and sips slowly, while her gaze returns to Heinrich.

OOC: grayn, what did the cards say?

Remove ads