[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
Ru gives a shrug as Menik asks him about joining. Still feeling out of sorts after his long and tiring sojourn through bug-infested jungles, he's grateful Menik recognizes his decision, though he smiles a bit as he sees Lem enter, as well, remembering the group's trip to Grimspiller's lair.

WindCrystal

First Post
When Lem only mentions Galandra and Menik as people he was wanting to find, Amien lightly protests, "Hey! What about me? I'm still around too! I even found us a new ally to join us." He would then use that opportunity to shift subjects, over to Maui, "This fellow over here is Maui, whom I am sure his cat would make a great taste tester."

He points over to the dashingly dressed swordsman, "And he seems to be with us too. I didn't find him though."

When Galandra mentions 'pulling off' looking like a Druid, it does spark a memory in Amien's head, "Hang on! I still have one of those cloaks that conniving backstabber backstabbed me with." He pulls it from his Haversack, "Maybe this will help? Who had the other one again?"

soulnova

Explorer
"Don't worry" Galandra pat Amien on the shoulder. "I just happened to know them from other job. I would have looked out for you too"

"I believe Lydia had it. Hasn't seen her around though. Keep it for now. We will surely find it a use when we get there"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"So, Maybe I can pass as a *ahem* 'merchant'?" looking at his worn clothing he frowns, "If so, I better get something more appropriate." Vincenzo ducks out and scoots over to the 'Pearl'.

He returns soon enough wearing what a well to do merchant would wear, in the house colors and style of family Del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio* when he steps in. Ivory buttons on rich blue vest and shirt with Ivory
colored trim and collar. Trousers and cape of deep red with gold trim on the cuffs and pat seams an the cape's trim
with rich blue trim on the lower edge. He uses a hat just like his other, just newer.

*Strangely enough, this is his family's colors, so yes, that IS his family!

As he stands you see his rapier and dagger are on a belt, but under his cloak. His long bow is held in
hand awkwardly. "I'll just have to keep this near-by."

While he stands there a messenger wearing similar colored attire with an envelope in hand. "Mi lord," he bows as
he addresses Vincenzo, "Does this mean you are helping in the family business this month?"

Vincenzo smiles as he takes the Ivory colored envelope and reads the ivory paper stationary. He sighs and says,
"Regretfully, I am not able to attend this festival with Uncle Vincenzo. I am off to deal with bandits who think
themselves merchants."

"Uh, What?" the servant asks.

"Slavers, my friend. I need to stop some slavers.

"oh!" He bows with the verbal message and leaves quickly.

"I am ready." he says flatly

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Also a heads up: I will be recruiting 1 or two more first levels after Sunshadow 21 gets his victims, er, uh, players.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
MaylorJacobson.jpg
Bartender.jpg

Meanwhile the man with jangling spurs enters the inn. He carries himself like a warrior and has a finely crafted breastplate and sword on his belt. His demeanor just exudes authority.

He catches a few of your eyes as he approaches Grog for a few quiet words. The half-orc grunts a reply and the grizzled warrior gestures to a table over in the corner with seating for about 8. After laying a few coins on the counter-top, he turns to walk to the table and beckons those he recognizes to join him.

[Sblock=GM]Here is the Game Thread: The-Devil-We-Know-Part-2
I have 6 players all listed in the opening post and they know who they are. ;)
Guys, please review the Adventure Rules again, I did make some changes from previous DMing sessions.[/Sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ru orders another drink and a plate of food. He takes his drink, moving off from the bar to a table by the back wall to await the food and watch with interest the gathering with the man with jangling spurs.

My but there always is someone interesting walking in this place, isn't there?" he thinks.

[sblock=ooc]@sunshadow21, if you desperately need a fourth for your game, I think I may be getting to a point where I'm not afraid I'll leave everyone hanging. Ru is 2nd level, though. I'm still getting back in the groove, though, so if you think the trio you have can handle it, I've no overwhelming need to get 'back in the game' just yet, and am happy to let actual newbies take the space / have the fun while I get settled back in.[/sblock]

Melodramatic

First Post
Ragzhul o'Brian

The tavern's door opens, and a half-orc wearing dark leather armor enters the room. He is muscular and has yellowish skin, but is also fine featured for his kind and has bright blue eyes and reddish hair. His eyes scan the tavern, his suspicion unmistakable, but after a few moments he takes a deep breath of the place's air and scents and, wearing a dumb smile, exclaims in his deep bass voice "Now this is a place of my liking".

His eyes confident and stature proud, he walks slowly to the bar and, after ordering a beer, he stands up says to the other patrons "My name is Ragzhul o'Brian, and I'd suggest you remember it, might be useful one day. I am in search of great tales, tales of heroes and monsters, adventure and conquest... and specifically ones which revolve around my name. Now, seeing as there is a bit of a shortage in those, I guess I have no choice but to make some, which brings me to my final question:

Does anyone know of any work that needs be done?"

Remove ads