[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
... ... ...I am in search of great tales, tales of heroes and monsters, adventure and conquest... and specifically ones which revolve around my name. Now, seeing as there is a bit of a shortage in those, I guess I have no choice but to make some, which brings me to my final question:

Does anyone know of any work that needs be done?"

OOC: wow, so melodra .. .. .. ah, nevermind

jkason

First Post
A swarthy human in deep crimsons and black raises a glass to the newly-entered half-orc.

"Well met, Ragzhul," Ru says with a disarming grin. "And well timed. I think someone's still looking for a strong arm or two in the back room if you hurry," he adds, pointing to the door in question.

[sblock=ooc]I'm pretty sure To Bee or Not To Bee is still recruiting if you head over to the linked thread. Have fun![/sblock]

Melodramatic

First Post
"Ah, then it seems it was made to be" Ragzhul says with a smile and finishes his beer. "It's a shame though, I haven't even had the chance to color this evening with well woven tale" He looks around, trying to catch the picture in his memory. He nods to Ru before turning to the door "Many thanks friend, may your bed be warm and blade be stained with victory"

Ragzhul leaves the room into the mentioned door.

Boat Nectar

First Post
The door to the inn creaks open, and a large green skinned half-orc slips through. He is dressed as a simple warrior, chain shirt and several weapons strapped across his back. Quietly he surveys the room with strange yellow eyes, before settling them on an empty spot at the bar. He quietly moves and sits down in the empty chair, once again eyeing the tavern common room.

"One ale please." he says to the bartender, gently placing a weathered coin on the counter.

Once he receives his drink he thanks the bartender and asks ​"Would you happen to know of any honest work around here?"

He sits back in his chair, patiently awaiting an answer.

jkason

First Post
"Goodness but Venza does seem to be attracting a lot of green and gray these days, doesn't it?" Ru mutters to himself with an amused grin. Then he clears his throat.

"I think there was a small group of folk headed out just a few minutes ago. If you hurry, you might still be able to catch them?" the swarthy southerner offers to the newly arrived half-orc.

[sblock=ooc]I'm not sure if he's closed recruitment or not, but the adventure seems to have just started today over in To Bee or not To Bee I'd say make a quick OOC post over there to see if you can meet up with the others on the road, since it seems like they just left this morning. If not, I believe there's another low level adventure in the works waiting enough people for it.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===

A young woman steps into the inn, toting a glaive. Her 5'4" frame is clad in the best used scale armor money can buy. With the exception of her long red hair, she has a rather unremarkable appearance: easy on the eyes, yet nothing extraordinary. As she steps towards a wall, she wiggles her backpack off and sets weapon and pack out of the way (along the wall) before turning and surveying the establishment in what could almost be said to be a wide-eyed awe. Catching herself, she orders a drink, her clear alto voice adding to the background for just a few moments.

Thanking the barkeep, the woman takes her drink to an open table and sits, sipping slowly, and turning her attention to the other patrons. Eyes roam the room, washing over each patron in turn, with a quick double-take on Lem, followed by a look of realization, before continuing. It is as if she is uncertain what she is looking for, but in no great hurry to find out.

[sblock=OOC]
She's spent the last two years working as a guard at the temple of Cortesia, it's possible a regular of the temple could recognize her on that basis.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
A well-groomed and -dressed young man with the swarthy coloring indicative of the Rhat'matani leaves his table and moves to the bar.

"You know, they have a tradition in the Dunn Wright that newcomers should always introduce themselves," the young man says with a charming smile. He's dressed in crimson covered with black leather armor, a pair of exotic blades hanging on either hip.

"Of course, I know the value of keeping things close to the vest, which is why I never offer more than 'you can call me Ru.' Which you can. How about yourself?"

Systole

First Post
"It's also good luck to buy the handsome darkwolf a drink or two," comes a voice behind the newcomer, but when she turns around there's only a large black wolf with crimson paws sitting behind her.

"Woof?"the creature says, glancing hungrily at the bar. He tries to turn a soulful, puppy-dog look on Charity, but the effect is rather spoiled by his blood-red, vertically-slitted, and otherwise thoroughly demonic-looking eyes.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 46/46
CMB: +7 CMD: 22
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7Will: +5 (All saves +2 when adjacent to Boots)
Perception: +10, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus (+8, 1d4+5, 19-20x2) & Longbow (+10/+10 or +12, 1d8+5, 19-20x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4
Spells Remaining (3rd): 2/2

Boots

AC:
25 (22 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 62/62
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (28 vs. trip)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8Will: +2 (+6 vs. enchantment)
Perception: +9, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative:
+3
Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+9/+9/+9, 1d6+9, 20x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack
Used Items:
N/A[/sblock]

Remove ads