[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Ok 10 XP for Mezegis and then 5 more for Antithetist for the XP comment given - great response! (Man I wish I could figure out how XP works on this site!)

So I thought for a moment LadyLaw was requesting the same story again from 16's perspective. I thought that'd be hilarious, especially if Jarren told it immediately again after that! However, in the interests of time and since that actually may end up being boring, I think I figured out what the question actually was. :)

Sadly, this will never be as good of a story. :)[/sblock]
Still at bit flustered, Unit 16 seems much more focused after being given a direct request - clearly this is more familiar territory. "Our group was hired to investigate an attack," he begins to Talkrai. "It was a complex political affair that was never solved. We trekked over the countryside and came upon a camp of enemy units under heavy fog.

We advanced under cover on two flanks to initiate a simple pincer, with a centralized kill zone..."
Unit 16 drifts off after he sees that his words are quickly illiciting blank stares from his audience. Unable to match Ryda's eloquence or flair, after a moment he instead quickly summarizes, "It was a small patrol. We took them down one at a time, fighting on multiple fronts. We were partially compromised due to an ambush by their leader, camouflaged as a hostage, who later escaped. It was a brutal but quick battle," he wraps up quickly. "I was less than optimally effective," he adds with a stern look, slightly admonishing himself.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry to be a downer after such a great story![/sblock]

Son of Meepo

First Post
Priam is caught up in the tales of battle as though he were once again a little child hearing tales of adventure for the first time. Even when Susan gives her dry accounting, Priam is in such a good mood that he gives a generous but somewhat patronizing compliment to the warforged.

"Excellent. Excellent indeed, Susan. The important part is that you helped. That no matter how small it seems, every player is important to the success of the play," he add reassuringly.

Throughout all of this Priam remembers what it felt like to be a bit player. After all, he mostly assisted the more seasoned Raincallers in invoking their rituals. Even within the Church of Arawai his station had been minor. But now upon saying those words to the warforged, Priam started to wonder if he had been too hasty in abandoning what was considered his calling.

"But even the understudy aspires to be the star one day,"
Priam reminded himself. That is why he left. He wanted to be someone, and the dutiful Raincaller wasn't cutting it.

Priam decided to abandon this line of conversation altogether and turned back to Talkrai. "You know what, Talkrai, there may be dragonslayers in our midst, but you have to admit it does generate the sort of excitement that may very well rub off on us. Not everyone can afford a dragonslayer's price, and not everyone needs a dragonslayer. Just someone who appears to be competent enough."

rb780nm

First Post
"Or who appears in close enough proximity to said dragon slayer." kal'Tarron adds with a wink. "I suspect that is why my masters guided me here - the problems that need a solution by axe are often the sort of problems that I am charged with solving"

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Well most of my family gets by on blasting things with lightning. But I'm not like them... Oh, who am I kidding, I positively adore blasting things with lightning. Works better than cat's on that pesky rodent problem we had."

Priam says this all with a laugh at the edge of his voice, making it difficult to tell if he is being completely for real with his story.

LadyLaw

First Post
Contrary to the others, Talkrai seemed more interested in Unit 16's story at the beginning when he was talking real tactics. The summary was a bit less descriptive than she'd been hoping for. Still, it was good information and she was openly shocked by some of it.

"The enemy leader disguised himself as a hostage?" Talkrai said with incredulity. "That's just...why? Did they know you were coming? I've just never heard of something like that."

She got pensive then. I'll actually have to file that away for later. And it is good to know I have to be a bit more prepared for elaborate deception out here.

She came back to the conversation at a comment from Priam.

"Hmm? You think their proximity will help us? I suppose it's possible. Only way to find out is to stick around I guess. It's certainly true that not everyone will be able to afford them, and I do hope that I look competent enough."

Hopefully I can keep my youth from counting against me, she thought grimly. I've already run into enough of that, and all these people definitely seem several years older.

EvolutionKB

First Post
The dwarf stands up, leaning on his cane once more. "Good to see everybody is getting along. Gather up your things, prepare anything else you need for the journey, and you can be off. Meet me at the airship dock at sundown."

[sblock=ooc]anything from neurotic? Are we ready otherwise?[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Yes, yes, I remember the flaming skulls. Let's be off." Shava says sounding a tad annoyed.

[sblock=ooc]Ready to go![/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Hmmm..flaming skulls? Interesting... yes it wouldn't be wise for this...Tamarand was it? ... to go running into enemies, if he was a spellcaster. I know in House Lyrandar ships we always make sure that our artificers and storm callers are protected." Thalen says, and after the dwarf mentions the airship dock (and Shava's impatience, she smiles and stands up, gathering her traveling pack.

"Yes I am also ready, perhaps you should lead the way Shava, I'm sure you're on better terms with the House and I'm sure the airship is ported at one of our docks" she says.

raion

First Post
The man turns to shake kal'Tarron's hand, "Serris"
He's distracted from further discussion by the stories being told nearby, and then his food arrives, a hearty meal with a large mug besides.
He sets to with enthusiasm, and then the Dwarf speaks up.
Serris looks up at the dwarf, mouth closed but still chewing, and the confusion almost emanates from him.
He washes down the mouthful and manages to say "Pardon?" before he erupts in a brief coughing fit.

[sblock=ooc] Remember kids, always make sure you chew your food, and don't try to swallow it all at once! :) [/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases