• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Teleportation Question

Aethas

First Post
Thanks for all the responses. It was pretty awesome and in the end the ruling didn't affect the outcome of the encounter, but I think I have a better understanding of rules regarding teleportation and how people generally deal with it.

MarkB

Legend
Per the PHB, I'd allow the teleporting enemy to take the character if he succeeded in a Strength check:

In this way he could teleport 3 while grabbing another character.

Also, some monsters that teleport specifically say they cannot teleport with grabbed enemies, which indicated to me that it is generally possible. I noticed this just the other day, and it struck me as an interesting thing. I'll edit this post if I find it again so that you can have an example.

I'd tend to extrapolate from the Strength check to physically move a grabbed opponent, and make forced teleportation in this manner an Intelligence check against the opponent's Will defense.

Alternatively, apply the recent rule for being teleported into hindering terrain, and allow the subject to make a save against the effect. If they save, they stay behind.

Remove ads