• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Teleporting with others?

Dr. Confoundo

First Post
Our swordmage really needed to retrieve a magic item from a dead enemy, but was lying prone within melee range of a very dangerous monster. So he asked a simple question: "Can I grab the body, and teleport away with it?"

For that matter, can he do that with one of his living teammates?

I'd say absolutely not. There are feats that allow players to do that. "Fey Step Trailblazer" If you allow the guy who doesn't have that feat to teleport others than why have the feat at all?

Fede

First Post
Unless the power specifically tells you so, you can't. When you teleport normally you can't bring other people with you

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Our swordmage really needed to retrieve a magic item from a dead enemy, but was lying prone within melee range of a very dangerous monster. So he asked a simple question: "Can I grab the body, and teleport away with it?"

I'd probably allow him to get away with bringing a dead body (or other object he could reasonably pick up) with him. If it's big, I might have it cost him a Healing Surge due to the strain.

Any reason he couldn't grab the item as a minor action and then teleport?

Nope, the rules are pretty clear on this point. No other creatures, unless you have certain feats or powers that specifically allow you to.

Last edited:

vermilion

Explorer

If it's an actual corpse, and it's a weight the player could actually carry, I allow it. It doesn't really affect combat gameplay the way that teleporting another living creature would, and it's a pretty creative solution to a difficult problem.

As others have said, you can't teleport a teammate without a specific feat or ability which specifically allows that.

Regicide

Banned
Banned
It doesn't say you can bring people through, so you can't.
It doesn't say you can bring your equipment and clothing along, so you can't.

Get the feat that lets you take people through. But not their equipment and clothing.

Power Word Naked!

Smeelbo

First Post
Likewise, I could "push" or "slide" someone out of their clothes? I knew Marital Power was a good investment!

Smeelbo

Ryujin

Legend
Not unless you house rule that a dead character/creature is an object, rather than a character/creature. Them's the breaks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads