• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tell me about Arcanis

talien

Community Supporter
johnsemlak said:
Are there any plans for a 3.5 version of the main setting book?
Just to clarify, there are two "world" books for Arcanis, the Codex Arcanis and the Player's Guide. The Player's Guide has much of the info that's in the Codex (if not all of it) and it's updated for 3.5.

What's missing is the amazing history of the world. DMs really need Codex Arcanis. Players can get by with the Guide (go figure).

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Michael, could you please email me? denise@ambient.ca
I tried filling out the form on your site, and it 404'd me, and I just can't bear to type out my message agin.

talien said:
Hi uh...Crazy,

Check out my story hour here: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=103252

That will help give you a sense of the setting. You will also want to check out http://www.onaraonline.org.

Happy to answer any questions you might have. It does not deviate very far from the core rules, but it definitely has lots of additional rules for characters and situations you might already have in your homebrew (rules for lizardfolk, the infernally tainted, etc.).

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Our family has really enjoyed playing what got nicknamed "The Rogues of Arcanis", an Arcanis meets Thieves World campaign. One of our players (roommate) moved far away, though, and we let it drop- but I miss it!

sidonunspa said:
and here I thought I would get some kind of responce...

I wounder, how many people out there are playing an Arcanis Home Game

Peter B

sidonunspa

First Post
johnsemlak said:
Are there any plans for a 3.5 version of the main setting book?

Yes :eek:)

We are in the currently in the planning stages of a new Codex Arcanis which will not only bring the rules up to 3.5 (you can already get the 3.5 rules though the character creation guidelines found on Onara Online <http://www.onaraonline.org/) But it will advance the story presented in the codex up to the end of year 2 (or 1 we have not decided yet)

If you all have any other questions please don’t be shy… I will answer them best I can... that’s why I’m here

Pedro Barrenechea
Stat Monkey & Living Arcanis Coordinator
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.

sidonunspa

First Post
Dextra said:
Our family has really enjoyed playing what got nicknamed "The Rogues of Arcanis", an Arcanis meets Thieves World campaign. One of our players (roommate) moved far away, though, and we let it drop- but I miss it!

Sounds like tons of fun!

Pedro Barrenechea
Stat Monkey & Living Arcanis Coordinator
Paradigm Concepts, Inc.

Paradigm

First Post
Dextra said:

That's sounds like a lot of fun. I've been running my guys through an epic world-shaping kind of campaign, and sometimes they look like they are overwhelmed by the weight of the world. A more-focused campaign may just be the ticket.

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
Paradigm said:
That's sounds like a lot of fun. I've been running my guys through an epic world-shaping kind of campaign, and sometimes they look like they are overwhelmed by the weight of the world. A more-focused campaign may just be the ticket.

when playing with kids, no matter how mature and smart they may be, epic/meta-level plot and adventure isn't always the way to go, that's for certain! it was also a pleasure to play a game that was largely urban-centered instead of the typical dungeon bashing. we got to learn a little about the local political scene and how it reflected larger world events without getting swept away in the action.

then again, it's also really cool to know that your characters can be changing the tide of history...

ssampier

First Post
Sounds pretty cool. I have a homebrew I'm currently working on; a quasi Norse, Greek/Roman campaign. The alignments are most interesting to me, since I want to setup a law-chaos conflict. I wonder if I could use Arcanis for inspiration without "messing" anything up.

sidonunspa

First Post
ssampier said:
Sounds pretty cool. I have a homebrew I'm currently working on; a quasi Norse, Greek/Roman campaign. The alignments are most interesting to me, since I want to setup a law-chaos conflict. I wonder if I could use Arcanis for inspiration without "messing" anything up.

Arcanis sounds like something you should be able to use.

I have been thinking about running a survey on how the common player views Arcanis, to be honest I have heard some wild assumptions about the campaign world.

But seeing how different Arcanis is from the ‘standard’ game world I can see how such assumptions would come up.

What have you all heard from non-Arcanis players about Arcanis? what’s the general perception of the product?

Remove ads