• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Template Thread

Arken

Explorer
sorry for the double post

Well I did some scanning of the old threads at the end of the forums to bring (back) to light some of the templates that have been done previously so that they're all collected in one place for ease of reference. If anyone has any interesting templates tehy find on the net and you think are valuable then please feel free to add to the list :).

MAGICAL CONSTRUCT TEMPLATE from monte cook's website.

FLESH GOLEM TEMPLATE by DnDchick

THESSALMONSTER by BOZ

SPIRIT TEMPLATE by Gish Makai

TRUE GHOUL by Garn Fellow

Devon

First Post
ELECTRIFIED CREATURE TEMPLATE

An electrified creature is imbued with the ability to project electricity from its body. The coloration usually changes to a mixture of grays and blues, lighter on the underside and darker on the back. They also commonly develop horns -- these do not serve as melee attacks, but seem to act as conductors for their electrical discharges. Electrified creatures are also referred to as "shocker" or "electric" creatures.

An electrified creature relies on its electricity abilities in combat, resorting to melee attacks only after its shock has rendered an opponent unconscious or when the shock seems to have no effect at all. A solitary electrified creature flees once it delivers its shocks, but if other electrified creatures are nearby, they all home in on their comrade’s discharges and attempt to administer their shocks to the foe.

CREATING AN ELECTRIFIED CREATURE
"Electrified" is an inherited or acquired template that can be applied to any corporeal, living creature (not constructs or undead), referred to hereinafter as the "base creature."

Animals and vermin become magical beasts, but otherwise the base creature's type becomes the same. Electrified creatures gain the (electricity) subtype.

Stunning Shock (Su): Once per round, an electrified creature can deliver an electrical shock to a single opponent within 5 feet. This attack deals 2d8 points of nonlethal damage to living opponents. Opponents can make a Reflex save for half (DC 10 + 1/2 electrified creature's hit dice + eletrified creature's Con bonus). The save DC is Constitution-based.

Lethal Shock (Su): Whenever two or more electrified creatures are within 20 feet of each other, they can work together to create a lethal shock. This effect has a radius of 20 feet, centered on any one contributing electrified creature. The shock deals 2d8 points of electricity damage for each electrified creature contributing to it, to a maximum of 12d8. A Reflex save (DC 10 + number of electrified creatures contributing) reduces the damage by half.

Special Abilities: The electrified creature retains any special abilities possessed by the base creature, and gains the following:

Immunity to Electricity

Low Light Vision

Darkvision 60 ft.

Electricity Sense (Ex): Electrified creatures automatically detect any electrical discharges within 100 feet.

Skills: Adjust for modified ability scores (see below). Electrified creatures have a +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Feats: As base creature, although electrified creatures usually select Improved Initiative or Lightning Reflexes as one of their feats.

Abilities: Ability scores are modified as follows: Dexterity +2, Constitution +2

Alignment: As base creature, although electrified giants, humanoids, and monstrous humanoids have been known to become chaotic.

Challenge Rating: up to 10 HD: +2; 10+ HD: +1

Level Adjustment: +4

SAMPLE ELECTRIFIED CREATURE

This creature uses a girallon as the base creature:

ELECTRIFIED GIRALLON
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 7d10+24 (65 hp)
Initiative: +4 (Dex)
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares), climb 40 ft.
Armor Class: 17 (–1 size, +4 Dex, +4 natural), touch 13, flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +7/+17
Attack: Claw +12 melee (1d4+6)
Full Attack: 4 claws +12 melee (1d4+6) and bite +7 melee (1d8+3)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special Attacks: Rend 2d4+9, stunning shock, lethal shock
Special Qualities: Electricity immunity, electricity sense, darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +5
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 19, Con 16, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 7
Skills: Climb +14, Listen +3, Move Silently +9, Spot +8
Feats: Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Toughness
Environment: Warm forests
Organization: Solitary or company (5–8)
Challenge Rating: 8
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 8–10 HD (Large); 11–21 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —

Electrified girallons, or "blue girallons," are savage, magical cousins of the gorilla. When moving on the ground, an electrified girallon walks on its legs and lower arms. An adult electrified girallon is about 8 feet tall, broad-chested, and covered in thick, gray fur with light blue highlights and a ridge of dark blue fur along its spine, as well as a pair of long, narrow, ridged, deep blue horns sweeping back from its brows. It weighs about 800 pounds.

COMBAT

Rend (Ex): An electrified girallon that hits with two or more claw attacks latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an extra 2d4+12 points of damage.

Stunning Shock (Su): Once per round, an electrified girallon can deliver an electrical shock to a single opponent within 5 feet. This attack deals 2d8 points of nonlethal damage to living opponents. Opponents can make a Reflex save for half (DC 16). The save DC is Constitution-based.

Lethal Shock (Su): Whenever two or more electrified girallon s are within 20 feet of each other, they can work together to create a lethal shock. This effect has a radius of 20 feet, centered on any one contributing girallon. The shock deals 2d8 points of electricity damage for each electrified girallon contributing to it, to a maximum of 12d8. A Reflex save (DC 10 + number of electrified girallon s contributing) reduces the damage by half.

Electricity Sense (Ex): Electrified girallons automatically detect any electrical discharges within 100 feet.

Skills: An electrified girallon has a +8 racial bonus on Climb checks and can always choose to take 10 on a Climb check, even if rushed or threatened. Electrified girallons also have a +2 racial bonus on Listen and Spot checks.

Knight Otu

First Post
Re: sorry for the double post

Arken said:
Well I did some scanning of the old threads at the end of the forums to bring (back) to light some of the templates that have been done previously so that they're all collected in one place for ease of reference.

And you didn't unearth my Planar Ruler template? I'm shocked! :D ;)

Speaking of that, I'll have to put some more work into my monster doc... Iff only it were not so horribly hot... then I could certainly post the updated ruler template...

Great templates, all of you! :)

Arken

Explorer
Re: Re: sorry for the double post

Knight Otu said:

And you didn't unearth my Planar Ruler template? I'm shocked! :D ;)

Speaking of that, I'll have to put some more work into my monster doc... Iff only it were not so horribly hot... then I could certainly post the updated ruler template...

Great templates, all of you! :)

I'm sure I'll come across it. I only did the last few pages of posts here, as I filter through the otehrs I'm sure there are far far more. :D

P.S. Don't mention the heat :p, not a good time to be in Europe for those that have to sit indoors writing up characters and adventures for their RP groups, I know where you're coming from :D

Devon

First Post
Did somebody make a "Hive Mind" template recently?

- Devon

edit - Ah, nevermind... I found it in the bonus templates we addition to the Book of Templates

Last edited:

Remove ads