• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Temporary front page

Chadarius

Explorer
I absolutely love the temp page. Add your ENWorld logo and a bit larger set of news links and call it a day. Even if you think I'm insane (I seem to be agreeing with a whole lot of people though), if you just had this type of page as an option I would use it. Perhaps a handheld device friendly page? Simple and fast is good. I like Simple :)

xmanii

Explorer
2123 I wasnt able to load ENWorld, and i finally loaded at 2127, then it wouldn't load 3 pages, for another 2 minutes (2129)

cougent

First Post
I have been here about 6 different times today and no lag even switching to forums on the first 5, did have some lag between posts in the forums but only about 10 seconds or so.

This time however following the link from the temp front page to this thread took about 45 seconds. No idea why 11:30ish PM CDT if you want timestamps to check against logs.

EDIT: Posted first then went and read entire thread all 3 pages load within 2-3 seconds forwards, backwards, bouncing around... but it is now 11:42 PM seems definately to be hitting on the hours and half hours whatever it is. Michael mentioned cron jobs, you might also want to check inside the cron jobs to see if any of them are launching child processes that don't list in the cron table, just some free advice (and worth every penny you paid for it!)

EDIT 2: Left thread here and went to forums where it completely locked up from 11:47 untill 11:52 allowed 2.5 minutes before stopping and retrying. 3rd attempt got Network Timeout in about 10 seconds. Reload from there got back in after about 15 seconds and then everything was fine again.

Last edited:

hewligan

First Post
Can we keep the new front page? I mean, you can tidy it up a bit, but it is easier to read, quicker to load, and contains more visible news within a single small page. Also, it isn't white text on black.

Gosh, I want to keep the new retro look.

Obryn

Hero
I have been having huge timeout problems all day. Everything was unreachable from 12:15 pm or so CST until 12:25 or so, and again from about 12:35 to 12:45 or 12:50. It greatly resembles how everything was last week.

-O

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads