• Welcome to this new upgrade of the site. We are now on a totally different software platform. Many things will be different, and bugs are expected. Certain areas (like downloads and reviews) will take longer to import. As always, please use the Meta Forum for site queries or bug reports. Note that we (the mods and admins) are also learning the new software.

Teratologue & Custom Monsters

TheLastRogue

Villager
Someone want to be super-awesome and walk me through an example of using Custom Monster rules in this book. I'm not sure I totally get it. Also could one use the point purchase system to also use monster types to create a monster from scratch with this system? It seems so, but it is a bit confusing. Thanks in advance!

TheLastRogue

Villager
Solos & Elites too

A quick question about Solos & Elites, too:

While I understand keeping the CR as the spine of these monsters doesn’t change, what about the XP value.
If you look at the example in the core book, 6 Trailblazer PCs would be splitting only 360 xp for the fight with Misery (the solo spider). This is, of course, way, way short of the expected 1,080 xp a group that large could take on for even a moderate encounter.
Does anyone adjust XP for Elites and Solos?

Advertisement