Terra Subterranea and The Caverns of Lost Time

ajanders

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
"Hmm I think I might have over done it there." says Eternity looking at the ash before heading inside. "Thank you again for Sela's healing, Michael."

"You are welcome." Michael says firmly.

Velmont

First Post
"Let's return to rest. We still have a lot to travel. Micheal's wall should ward us, or at least, for enough time to wake up and better prepare ourselves against another wendigo, or maybe, if Aya have already a ropetrick ready, to hide in a dimensional pocket."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*The group huddles in for the remainder of the night. Some time later, there is an odd and very loud keening sound that can be heard even above the sound of the wind. But there are no attacks for the remainder of the night. The next morning, however, the group notices more wendigo tracks outside. The bones of the slain wendigo are gone.*

Velmont

First Post
"It is what I thought, the corpse attracted more wnedigo, but they don't mind to eat there breathen. We will need to take a good care of where we sleep the next nights."

Erekose13

Explorer
"After that blast, i don't know how much meat they might've gotten. They might be intelligent enough to care for their dead. The one we fought was smart enough to attack late at night and ambush Zack in that weather. We'll make sure to have two people on watch at all times and to wake others in times of need. I've got more tricks that might work against those beasts when and if we encounter them again." says Eternity.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"All that was left was bone and ash. I doubt that they would eat it. I wonder why they took it away, though. Shall we then, with all due caution, proceed?"

ajanders

Explorer
"Actually, I vote for speed. We'll be two hundred miles off by dark: if Wendigo can chase us that fast, they probably won't care much about any wall I can shape either."

Michael adjusts the sack over his shoulder.

"Boots and saddles!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Right. You will need to defend for the forty minutes or so it will take the two of us to finish with these horses," Aya agrees, "It's unfortunate, but I'm not as strong as Rayne...I can't make the steeds fly. So in theory, the wendigos might be able to erect some sort of blockade. If not, we should have no problem leaving this particular group far behind by nightfall."

*The group heads off at full speed, their steeds drifting over the snow as if it were light grass. They are not at all impeded, so they make good time, though of course the twisting windy paths do still eat up a bit of time, even moving at full speed on the snow and ice. Michael doesn't see any upcoming caves, so today, the group stops in an area where there is at least an indentation with an overhang to cover.*

"I can Rope Trick for as long as it will last, I guess, or you could try to give us walls in more directions, Michael," Aya offers.

ajanders

Explorer
Michael paces about the overhang examining the rocks for a moment, hands absently polishing a black and brown stone.

"No, I think we can build a barrier, if not a wall."

Michael goes to the left side of the notch and stoneshapes long fingers of stone to enclose half of what will be their campground.
Moving to the right side, he invokes the power of the Dwimmerstone to forrm more fingers that interlace with the results of his stone shape spell.

It takes a few minutes of fiddling, and the results are not graceful, but Michael ends up with a campsite protected by what looks like a pair of clasped hands.

It's not a solid wall, but it provides good cover and hopefully will require crawling through by any creature medium-sized or larger.
Michael spreads out his tent and lashes it over the stone fingers to block the wind, then crawls back out, brushing dirt off his knees.

"I marked a fire pit where the smoke should rise straight up and out. Same watch rotation as last night?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases