[Texas - Houston] The Houston Con - August 7th-10th

Sans Serif

Explorer
Hey Houston - Did you have fun at Comicpalooza? Good. Here's what's next - The Houston Con (formerly Space City Con, and no I don't know why the name changed).

Pathfinder Society will be out EN FORCE, but there will be other gaming too - Warmahordes, X-Wing, Iron Kindgoms RPG, Steve Jackson Games, Dungeons & Dragons (for those of you that didn't learn your lesson last edition), and Ettin Games is going to be out with their massive kick-ass board game library again. Yes, I'm an Ettin homer fanboy - but not without good reason.

GM eight hours, donate $5 to the charity (not to me, not to the con, not to con leadership) and get your badge for the weekend. No, its not free - its FIVE WHOLE DOLLARS for an entire weekend of gaming goodness, and you get to tell yourself you did it for the kids - and there's still GM slots available! Life is good!
So here's what's planned for Pathfinder Society:

*A farewell to the Year of the Demon - every season five scenario that hasn't been offered at a Houston convention yet will be offered twice at The Houston Con. There's eight of them.

*Seeker tier play. Yes, we heard you. You're welcome.

*The season four special, "Race for the Runecarved Key". Oh, you played it? Good - volunteer to GM. For The Houston Con, we're doing it differently - the special is on Saturday morning. All you casuals that put your immortal souls ahead of gaming - and have missed out on specials we've been running in the past because they're done on Sunday mornings - now get a chance to join us. Also, the schedule has scenarios that lead up to "Race for the Runecarved Key" plot-wise beforehand and scenarios relating to it after.

*Newbie stuff. Have a friend, wife, girlfriend (I'm just kidding, I know the audience) that you want to introduce to Pathfinder Society play? Newbie goodness galore - The Confirmation, obvs, and We Be Goblins, as well as some of the best lower-level scenarios made. Can you describe "Mists of Mwangi" to an outsider? No, you can't - get 'em to the table. Or get them to the Mendevian front!

*Full-Day Modules

I don't know about you - but I dig Year of the Demon. Let's send it out in style. Together.

Should old demons be forgot, and never brought to mind?
Should old demons be forgot, and auld lang syne?

www.thehoustoncon for convention registration/info
www.warhorn.net/events/houstoncon-2014 for gaming signups.

Remove ads