Thanks everybody

KnowTheToe

First Post
I put together my new system this weekend, I bought on google gear and it is working excellent. Thank you for your advice in both equipment and store recomendation. You guys are great.

KnowTheToe

First Post
I had built my last one 4 years ago, but had local tech friends as a backup. This was my first time without a real safety net.

I was easy. Each card will only fit in the correct place, the owners manual for the motherboard detailed all of slots. It does not explain them, but clearly labels them. I had a few issues I had to work thru. The new motherboard did not like one of my old IDE cables and I forgot to plug the power into the hard drive, but nothing that took too much work to discover.

In all honesty, unless you are buying a high end machine, it is cheaper to buy a prefabbed one.

tburdett

Explorer
KnowTheToe said:
In all honesty, unless you are buying a high end machine, it is cheaper to buy a prefabbed one.
Unless, of course, you already have existing parts that you can use to supplement the construction of your new PC. This can drastically reduce the cost of upgrading.

My last upgrade, from P3/866 to P4/2800, cost approximately $550. It would cost much more to buy an equivilent prefab machine with the same specs.

Remove ads