D&D 5E Thanksgiving D&D Speculation thread.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
wait... turkeys in america arre dry tasteless birds? I'm sorry for your cuisine :p

Edit: just a question I have. Do american barbecues really have basically hotdogs and burguers in them as I see in the movies? If the answer is yes I'm quite sad for you gringos
The barbecue situation varies by regional culture pretty significantly. In a lot of the country, the burger and hot dog situation is pretty standard, though in for example Wisconain I can attest that more varied Sausages are used (bratwurst, bockwurst, etc.).

In the South, barbecue is a major folk artform with pre-colonial roots.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
That's the stuff. I live in the south of Brazil (Santa Catarina) our BBQs are pretty similar to the Argentinians. Around here every house has a churrasqueira (a built in firepit) to make BBQs, and we do it almost every weekend.
When I visited my friend's family in Portugal, they also had a churrasquiera or close approximation of one.

I’m not American, but I’ve been fortunate enough to visit all 50 states at least once (and many of them multiple times) and travelled pretty extensively in the US, and I get pretty annoyed at the attitude of SOME British and Europeans towards US food.
Sure, some is poor, just as it is over here, but it is also rich, diverse and interesting with some truly wonderful culinary experiences, both low and high budget.
Happy Thanksgiving....enjoy.
I've spent some time in England, around the New Market area (my favorite place to pub crawl). Other than the beautiful country and super nice people, I miss Nandos food. Wish we had one here in the south U.S.

GuyBoy

Hero
I've spent some time in England, around the New Market area (my favorite place to pub crawl). Other than the beautiful country and super nice people, I miss Nandos food. Wish we had one here in the south U.S.
Pub Crawling...oh yes!
Long time ago now (sadly?), but rugby followed by pub crawl was a great experience, though on a thread focussed on food, I’m not sure that the dry roasted peanuts and pork scratchings of the UK pub crawl quite measure up to even the driest Thanksgiving Turkey!

And, from my earlier thread, boy was Lions/Bears a BAD football game. Hoping for better from Cowboys/Raiders.

Remove ads