D&D General The 22.5 year old Baroness father reveals she's his illegitimate child but his motive is ambition and not love for his daughter, how mean is he?

JMISBEST

Explorer
Earlier I had A Dream that was A Cross-Over of The Dream about The now 22.5 year old Baroness and The Campaign I'm in were I have A Thief that's A Future King

Basically 8 and a half years after the adventures of The Dream about The, at the time, 14 year old Baroness The now 22.5 year old Baroness meets up with A/The Thief and falls in love with him

Her father, The King who doesn't know that she knows he's her father, still hasn't got any kids, no one over learnt that a curse on the family means that every King or Queen from his family will only have 1 child, he's angry that she'd fall in love with A Thief but when he learns she's carrying his child, and a girl at that, lets just say that he gets so angry that for his own good the court Wizard both Charms him and Sleeps him

When he awakes he's still very angry but then he learns that despite being A Thief his daughters lover is the future king of A Country that's very small but its also very wealthy, very peaceful, very prosperous and is popular among tourists that enjoy holidays were you live off the land and/or get away from it all

Then he gets a idea. His daughter, illegitimate as she is for now, is in love with A Future King, the fact that he's A Thief no longer bothers him, and she's carrying this future kings child, the fact that the child's a girl also no longer bothers him, so if he were to announce that she is his, legitimize her claim to the throne then his daughters daughter will 1 day rule both her mothers fathers country/his country, and her fathers country

The country that is homeland of The now 22 year old Baroness is 1 of the 4 that surrounds the 1 that The Thief will 1 day rule and The now 22 year old Baroness fathers plan is that within 40 years his granddaughter will rule 2 of the continents 5 countries and within 6 centuries, hopefully within 4 centuries, their will have been enough political marriages for his family to rule the continent

How mean is The 22.5 year old Baroness father, whose also The Ruler of her Homeland, when he choose's to reveal she's his illegitimate child but his motive isn't love for his daughter, rather its because he sees his daughter, who will soon be made the legitimate crown princess, falling in love with and planning to marry the future king on a neighboring country as a means to a ends, the ends being that within 6 centuries, and hopefully within 4 centuries, his descendants, through her, will rule the continent

Last edited:

JMISBEST

Explorer
Earlier I had A Dream that was A Cross-Over of The Dream about The now 22.5 year old Baroness and The Campaign I'm in were I have A Thief that's A Future King

Basically 8 and a half years after the adventures of The Dream about The, at the time, 14 year old Baroness The now 22.5 year old Baroness meets up with A/The Thief and falls in love with him

Her father, The King who doesn't know that she knows he's his father, still hasn't got any kids, no one over learnt that a curse on the family means that in every King or Queen from his family will only have 1 child, he's angry that she'd fall in love with A Thief but when he learns she's carrying his child, and a girl at that, lets just say that he goes angry and for his own good the court Wizard both Charms him and Sleeps him

When he awakes he's still very angry but then he learns that despite being A Thief his daughters lover is the future king of A Country that's very small but its also very wealthy, very peaceful, very prosperous and is popular among tourists that enjoy holidays were you live off the land

Then he gets a idea. His daughter, illegitimate as she is for now, is in love with A Future King, the fact that he's A Thief no longer bothers him, and she's carrying this future kings child, the fact that the childs a girl also no longer bothers him, so if he were to announce that she is his, legitimize her claim to the throne then his daughters daughter will 1 day rule both her mothers fathers country/his country, and her fathers country

The country that is homeland of The now 22 year old Baroness is 1 of the 4 that surrounds the 1 that The Thief will 1 day rule and The now 22 year old Baroness fathers plan is that within 40 years his granddaughter will rule 2 of the continents and within 6 centuries their will have been enough political marriages for his family to rule the continent

How mean is The 22.5 year old Baroness father, whose also The Ruler of her Homeland, when he choose's to reveal she's his illegitimate child but his motive isn't love for his daughter, rather its because he sees his daughter, who will soon be made the legitimate crown princess, falling in love with and planning to marry the future king on a neighboring country as a means to a ends, the ends being that within 6 centuries his descendants, through her, will rule the continent
I can't help what I dream about. Please give me idea's, the reason being that my GM found out about these dreams and wants to use them himself. Any ideas I could give him?

In case your wondering about the things I said about him last time I never knew that he simply had 3 bits of coincidental misfortune

The 1st is him having the exact same name as my old enemies younger brother, the 2nd is him looking a lot like my old enemies younger brother and the 3rd is that both him and my my old enemies younger brother were both born in 1,988

I only met the guy that can easily pass, without realizing, for my old enemies younger brother a few months ago I assumed he was my old enemies younger brother and I thought I'd continue the petty revenge that got halted the last time I met my old enemies younger brother, it was sometime in June 2,008, luckily I'd hadn't yet done anything to him that someone as nice as him won't easily forgive

Why does it matter how mean the King is? How does this impact the party’s actions?

From the DM’s perspective, they have a pretty good handle on why the King does what he does (he is motivated by dynastic ambition). Why does it matter if the King is 24% mean or 33% mean? How would you even quantify meanness in this respect?

Why is how the King treats his daughter more relevant to determining his meanness than the manner he treats his subjects? Why can’t the King be a lousy father but a fair and just ruler?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases