• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The 3.X Monk Database (now with added detail)

moritheil

First Post
Dannyalcatraz said:
Is the Swordsage Monk variant a base class or a PrCl?

(Placing it under base classes for now.)

Same question to those posting 3rd party Monk variants.

Base class.

I believe all those Rokugani classes are PrCs.

Aus_Snow

First Post
There's a psionic monk variant (base class) called Enlightened Monk, found in The Mind Unveiled: Enlightened Monk, from Dreamscarred Press. It also has some feats to go with.

Aus_Snow

First Post
Regarding those feats, they're actually (potentially) useful to monk-types, and in some cases non-monks, in general. There aren't many - maybe 8 or 9? But they're solid, and some of them help with monk/x multiclassing, where x is any manifesting class, or - in one case - Warmind, from memory.

Anyway, glad to help. Very handy thread, btw.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Again, thanks!

I did a similar thread a while back for hidden psionic goodness which was lost in the Great Crash. When I reposted it, there wasn't quite as much interest. Oh well!

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=183299

OTOH, when I scanned my list of subscribed threads to seperate the wheat from the chaff, I found maybe a dozen or so Monk threads that were variations on finding alternative builds, good feats, and the like. I figured, what the heck?

Nyaricus

First Post
I'm gonna forward this link to a buddy who felates over the monk class too much, haha. He'd really appreciate this.

cheers,
--N

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Added new base class variants, PrCls, Dragon references, and put relevant Midnight 2Ed's Heroic Paths under the heading of ACFs & Class sub levels- the game mechanic they're closest to.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Added new base class variants, PrCls, and put relevant Etherscope's Social Templates under the heading of ACFs & Class sub levels- the game mechanic they're closest to.

Remove ads