The Acrimonious Adventurer Association

spacehulkster

First Post
(one of them with a not so nice group who I plan on seeing how far the PC will go with their plot.)

humm.......I wonder which one of us it is?

(And yes, I am using the Kador "secret" so as not to draw suspicion from the player who has affiliation with this church. I bet if you look over the character list, the aforementioned PC will become obvious.)

I knew it! FIRE, FIRE, hurrmph, ah ah FIRE!

(Are these the same group of players from your other story hour? I notice certain... similarities... between the personalities of some of the characters there and here.)

It's like being trapped in an eternal champion novel.

Jon Potter

First Post
spacehulkster said:
(And yes, I am using the Kador "secret" so as not to draw suspicion from the player who has affiliation with this church. I bet if you look over the character list, the aforementioned PC will become obvious.)

I knew it! FIRE, FIRE, hurrmph, ah ah FIRE!

Uh oh! I hope that my curiosity has not inadvertently spoiled a campaign surprise!!! If it's the one I'm thinking of it's a pretty fun one, so I really hope not!

(Are these the same group of players from your other story hour? I notice certain... similarities... between the personalities of some of the characters there and here.)

It's like being trapped in an eternal champion novel.

Which is really not a bad thing at all, when you come to think of it.

Return to the Despot Ruins

In the morning after Doopa and Turgar were returned to full vigor by Xanthos, the group plods back out to the ruins. This time Kessen stops every few feet to pluck some small plant or flower from the ground.

"You don't plan on smoking that do you?" Menthos inquired about the plants and herbs in Kessen's hands

"No, these are an insurance policy." Kessen replies

"Good, because my brother smoked, and it got obsessive at some points. Couldn't see out of the fog bank that surrounded him and his pipe" Menthos offers

"Fascinating." Kessen starts "Your story both bores and annoys me, I do believe that is the first time that's ever happened to me."

Stunned, Menthos keeps his mouth shut until they reach the ruins.

"Did you know that next Thursday is Kilted Yak Day? Tis a fine tradition in my family. My father dresses the best yak, I am only sorry I will be unable to participate this year." Haimish bemoans

"You are an odd human." Xanthos replies

"I know what it is like to be away from home, try to think about other things like, treasure and adding to your personal hoard, fame and adding great tales of deeds done by your hand. These are things Turgar will complete before returning to see the sunrise ignite the eastern face of the Cloudwalls." Turgar says proudly

"That is dumb, Sunfist tribe take good side of mountains, leave Kneegnash clan to live next to goblin scum. Doopa will return home and will has to pass through Sunfist tribe to get there, Doopa will enjoy watching you catch pheasant with your hands." The other ogre boasts

"Your tribe will be extinct before you ever find your way home again. Loutish brutes, how's that rock farming going for you?" Turgar replies trying to suppress a building laughter

"Ha, you stupid ogre. Doopa know you can't grow rocks in farms." Doopa retorts as he laughs and walks ahead of the group.

My father wore and heavy frown
The day the naked yak came to town
The folk were scared, panic ensued
Listen close this part is true
My father stood up to face the yak
He pulled the kilt off of his back
The beast it reared and charged my pop
My dad refused to put up with it's slop
He grabbed the kilt and held it so
The yak ran through it don't you know
The beast was clothed and it started to bay
The moon it shone bright that day
And blinded me to my dismay
Never will I forget the man
Who fed ten families with a yak ham.

Oh it's Kilted Yak Day
Shave Yak and bring him to play
Dress him up all nice and frilly
Maybe you to can come all silly

"Please stop, I thought we agreed you'd only do that while I was chopping down goblins." Menthos yells, covering his ears

"Don't you feel better protected now? Words have power you know, I know how to master that power and put it to use." Haimish beams

"Do you know any humans are weak pathetic leeching maggots who deserve to pickle in their own urine songs?" Menthos answers as he heads down the stairs and back into the ruins

"That man has serious anger issues, seems to me he's got his sword sheathed in his cat lager." Haimish observes

The party moves down and notes that the poorly built cooking pit is cold and appears to have remained unmolested through the night. They exit through the only door and look once again down the hallway.

"Which way, down again?" Kessen asks pointing to the stairs

"Are you mad man! We nearly died down there! I told you the book is never wrong." Menthos raves

"You're impossible to work with, do want you want to do, I'm going to go back downstairs." Kessen says, leaving the party at the doorway as he heads for the stairs.

"Shh, you hear that?" Xanthos asks

oooooaaaarrrrrr oooohhhhmmmm iiirrrrlllll blechle! Ack!

"Something's down there." Xanthos states pointing down the hallway

"Gee, you think? Could be it's that altar of diabolical goblin lust you've been seeking." Menthos offers

"We should check it out then." Xanthos comments and prances down the hallway

"Uh, this seems like a bad idea. I remember when my folks split up, man we were fit to be lathered then. Nothings worse than knowing your mind and heart are square dancing to bugbear sculptures." Haimish points out

Kessen relents and follows Xanthos and the rest of the party down the hallway. The moans and sounds of vomiting get louder and more slurred, after close to eighty feet they reach a large carved out area that contains a lone goblin, drinking heavily out of a large clay jug.

The party approaches the drunk goblin, who upon seeing the group breaks out into a fit of demented laughter.

"Poopah send for hu-mans to kill Gorga. Ha! Gorga send Firt to Poopah for evers!" The goblin gets out

"What is your name?" Kessen annunciates heavily

"Gorga, Gorga miss Firt. Hu-man bring Firt?" Inquires the goblin

"No. What is your name!" Kessen goes louder and slower, then gets shoved out of the way by Menthos

"Move hairless baboon, you obviously have had no training in intimidation and interrogation tactics." Menthos comments

Menthos yanks up the goblin from his prone position by his ear. He then drags the creature kicking and screaming to the hallway. Menthos points at the end of the hallway the party has yet to traverse.

"What there?!" Menthos asks

Scared, the small goblin wets all over himself and Menthos as well.

"Ha! Serves you right you sadist." Kessen remarks

"Teifling need watch out for other end now, Doopa know all to well about that." The ogre speaks up

"That's because on your side of the mountains, that's a staple food source." Turgar snipes at Doopa

Menthos slaps around the drunk and barely conscious goblin and points again towards the as yet unexplored part of the hallway, "What there?!"

"Raiders." The goblin manages to get out

Doopa shoves Menthos away from the goblin, "Doopa do this right way." He then faces the goblin and licks his lips, opens his mouth and bares his teeth.

"Gobbo want seasoned before Doopa cook?" The ogre asks

The goblin screams in terror and tries to back away from the ogre, but Doopa's massive hands press the goblin to the floor.

Turgar shoves Doopa off the frightened creature.

"You're supposed to get information from it, not kill it." Turgar says

Doopa then tackles Turgar and the two ogres begin to scuffle across the stone floor.

The goblin sees it's chance at freedom and turns towards the exit and charges face first into Haimish's shield, knocking itself out cold.

A splash of cold water awakens Gorga from his alcohol assisted slumber. Haimish has bound the goblin as well as gagged it.

"Gorga help Haimish. Haimish let Gorga go." Haimish states

The goblin looks around at the loud human, the abusive tiefling, the half-horse/half-human monstrosity, two bloodied and beaten ogres, and then back to Haimish. Gorga nods his head in agreement.

"Good show!" Haimish replies and removes the gag from Gorga's mouth, "Now what is that way?" Haimish says pointing down the hallway.

"Raiders." Gorga replies

"Raiders, like you? More goblins?" Haimish asks

Gorga nods in agreement.

"How many?" Haimish inquires

Gorga studies his hands and then moves to his toes and then back to his hands and then seems to get lost and restarts. Haimish waves him off from trying again.

"More than eight." Haimish says to the party

"What about down the stairs?" Haimish asks next

Gorga begins to tear up, "Poopah and Firt. Firt tell Gorga leave! Gorga take much food. Poopah now live with Firt, Gorga want Firt!" The goblin breaks down and begins sobbing.

"What about back that way?" Haimish asks point to the southern passage across from the stairs near the entrance of this hallway.

"Dead things that walk." Gorga answers

"Undead that way." Haimish says pointing at the passage

"Hmm, that's a lot of goblins to take on in that room. Undead could be troublesome, looks like it's back downstairs." Kessen announces

All but Menthos agree, Menthos however agrees to change his mind on one condition, "I want the little green man next to me."

"I told him he'd be as free as feathers in the soap." Haimish replies

"What? Never mind that, I'm not going to let him free until it's safe enough for us that if he goes running off to find some of his brethren, it'll be too late to matter for them." Menthos argues

"Well, I can't argue with that logic." Haimish replies to Menthos, then turns back to Gorga "Soon, I let you go." Then re-gags Gorga, and the party heads back to the stairs.

So that's where baby goblins come from.

The group heads back down the stairs, Kessen scouts ahead of the party and sticks his head through the "T" to the right. Peering to the north he sees a dead end with a small drainage gate near the bottom of the wall, to the south he sees a long passageway extending into the darkness beyond his human vision. Listen he hears no sound from either direction.

"As far as I can tell, it looks clear this way." Kessen reports

"Which is what fifteen feet? Go running up and down that hallway screaming for your clothes and weapons to be returned, if nothing attacks you, we'll know it's safe." Menthos counters

"What's down that hallway Gorga?" Haimish inquires from the gagged goblin

The bard removes the gag and Gorga spits out "Party, Gorga no allowed to eat. Gorga take wine anyway and sit alone."

"Party? They got food?" Doopa asks

Gorga nods and Doopa points towards the hallway, "Doopa go that way, Doopa need food badly"

"Let's make sure there's nothing behind us first. What's down there?" Haimish asks Gorga pointing down the left corridor at the bottom of the stairs, the first room contained the goblins and badger they fought yesterday, but there was also a door at the end of the corridor.

"Firt." Gorga says solemnly

"That way." Kessen and Menthos says simultaneously

The party reaches the door and Xanthos and Kessen both press their ears to the door. They seem to remain there longer than what would indicate no sound.

"What do you hear?" Haimish asks

"Grunting, moaning, and crying." Xanthos reports

"Hmm, that would seem odd. Better check it out." Haimish answers

Doopa moves up to take lead with Kessen, and the ogre shoves open the door to reveal a dimly lit room. Opposite of the doorway is a crudely constructed altar to some goblin god. Laid out on the floor in front of the idol are food stuffs along with burning candles and a couple of sacrificed rats which are still bleeding.

The noises that the centaur and scout heard are coming from two goblins in the center of the room attempting to increase the numbers in their clan through breeding.

"Ugh, I'm going to be sick." Kessen states as he backs away from the room and falls to his knees trying to breath slowly and counteract the urge to regurgitate.

"What's going on?" Xanthos inquires as he moves u to take Kessen's spot

"Looks like we found your diabolical lust altar of sacrifice after all." Menthos tells him

Xanthos views the room and thinks for a moment, "Yes, appears you are correct. I shall handle this." The centaur moves up to the rutting goblins and takes his time to coup d' grace both of the preoccupied goblins. The rest of the party enters as Xanthos throws their ratty clothes on top of the bodies.

Menthos enters to investigate the altar along with Doopa, as Menthos passes the dead goblins, Gorga calls out, "Firt!"

Gorga twists and rolls against his bonds, the movement causes Menthos to crash to the floor as Gorga attempts to escape his bonds, "Firt!" he calls out again.

Turgar comes over and slams the head of Gorga against the stone floor, knocking him unconscious.

"Doopa think this goblin fertility god, Doopa see this before in homeland." The barbarian announces

"What? Are you sure?" Xanthos asks

"Of course he's sure, his familiy uses the same one in their cave." Turgar answers

"Doopa not live in cave." Doopa replies

"Wait! I just killed two creatures doing what nature intended? What have I done?" Xanthos bemoans

"Nature certainly did not intend for that." Menthos says standing up again and pointing at the goblins, "I would go with this is a diabolical lust cult, whatever helps your conscience get through it."

"You're certainly a heartless bastard." Kessen remarks

"So, he's half-ass. What did you expect?" Menthos counters

"Now you're just mincing words." Kessen answers as he waves off the teifling

"At least I'm mincing something, your strategy seems to be to yell a lot in hopes people will ignore your glorious whiffs from your ranged attacks." Menthos responds

"People, focus on the gold at the end of the path. This beating on the astral dream isn't going to get us there." Haimish speaks amid confused faces

"I must bury them, to atone for my actions." Xanthos states

"Bury them in your rear, we don't have time for you to bury them, nor the tools to do so in here." Menthos tells him

Xanthos drapes both naked goblins across his horse back and exits the room. Haimish kicks over the ratty straw mat the goblins were on and locates some silver and copper pieces. The bard pockets them and heads out of the room with the rest of the party.

The group heads back to the "T" Kessen looked down earlier, they take the south passage and come to a "Y" to the southeast the passage extends through darkness even for those with darkvision, the southwest passage goes about twenty feet and then turns to the west.

Smells of cooked meat and spilled ale waft from the southeast passage, amidst the faint sound of music and voices.

"That way!" Doopa announces and charges down the hallway.

The rest of the group struggles to keep up with the lumbering ogre, whose strides rival that of a giant's. Doopa reaches the room where the smells seem to be emanating from and he eagerly points to the door while wiping the drool from his mouth.

"Doopa break door down, kill all goblins in room, is good plan!" Doopa offers

"Let me check to see how many there are in there first, okay?" Kessen asks

Doopa thinks it over for a moment and decides that would take too long and shakes his head "no".

Haimish produces one of the copper pieces he found under the straw mat and holds it in front of Doopa.

"Oh, a shiny." Doopa remarks and takes the copper from Haimish

"I'm a quick study." Haimish replies.

Kessen smiles and opens the door slightly to peer inside. He spots at least two dozen goblins, mostly females and children, eating and drinking away the day inside the room.

Jon Potter

First Post
Hairy Minotaur said:
Kessen smiles and opens the door slightly to peer inside. He spots at least two dozen goblins, mostly females and children, eating and drinking away the day inside the room.

Oh dear. I predict this not ending well for the women and children.

Pay Day!

Kessen picks out a seated and drunk male goblin on the far side of the room, he takes careful aim and unleashes the arrow. It flies true and punctures the goblin's throat. The creature's head snaps back and it plummets out of it's seat and crashes to the floor in a heap. Kessen quickly shuts the door and races to the other side of the hallway opposite the door, so that he can fire at goblins that exit the room.

The rest of the party flanks both sides of the corridor at the end of the small hallway that leads to the room, to pick off any goblins that try to make it to Kessen or flee into the passageway. The party waits, seconds turn to minutes, the sounds to not abate from the room and no one exits.

Kessen walks back to the door and slowly opening it, peers inside to see that the dead goblin has unfazed the room. Kessen picks out an overweight goblin that's dancing in a circle near the center of the room. His arrow flies into he side of the goblin's head and it topples over, crashing through a wooden bench. Still the party rages on.

"I don't get it. These are either the stupidest creatures on the planet, or they're in a deep drunken stupor." Kessen espouses

"Maybe they're in a trance-like state from all the lust demons they summoned?" Menthos postulates

"If they are engaged in a natural activity, we should leave them be." Xanthos speaks up

"Look who's talking, you're half horse. I don't want to know what kind of breeding went on there." Menthos replies

"Doopa think if gobbos not watching for attack, that gobbo problem." The ogres observes

"The idiot is right, I say we strike while the goblins are preoccupied and then kill them when they're disorganized and confused from the initial attack." Turgar agrees

The group nods in agreement, and back away from the door to allow Doopa to move up to it. He and Turgar grip their weapons tightly in anticipation of the impeding assault. Haimish breaks into a fighting song.

Give up now, you're all dead
Thought you'd invited a couple friends
Angel of death, showed up instead
Surrender now, or lose your head

"Try not to get spit on me." Turgar asks Doopa

"Kneegnash!" Doopa yells as he kicks in the wooden door, ripping the door from the frame in the process, splinters rain down upon the nearest goblins followed by a small cloud of dust partially obscuring the frames of two ogres as they enter the room swinging their weapons from side to side as if they were harvesting grain.

Kessen follows, and lines himself up against the right corner then fires his bow at anything smaller than his waist that moves. Haimish enters to the left and charges into the room, alternately bashing goblins with his shield and cutting them down with his sword. Menthos follows Haimish into the room and cuts down any goblins left standing after Haimish hits them.

Quickly the battle is won, the group totals up four male goblins, mostly crippled or infirm. Followed by eighteen females and twelve children. Doopa snatches the cooking hunk of meat from the spit in the back of the room and begins to rip off chunks of flesh with his teeth.

"That went well." Turgar claims

"Aye, we should do that to the next room." Haimish replies

And so it was done, three more times in fact. The group wiped out every living thing on this level of the ruins. After ransacking each room they came to two options remaining.

"Back upstairs to face The Raiders? Or down this passage here?" Kessen asks

"Passage, stairs are always the wrong choice." Menthos states

The party heads down the passageway, for miles and miles they walk. Three hours later they emerge in the twilight sky of a setting sun.

"Hmm, I wonder if anyone knows this entrance exists?" Kessen inquired

"Well, the rocks are certainly stacked up here to keep this entrance hidden. I wonder if you can see it from the hill above us?" Haimish asks

Turgar and Kessen push their way through the stacked rocks partially blocking the exit and then climb a small hill that the tunnel exits from. They report the entrance is hidden from view while standing on the hill.

"I think we're about four hours from town, I can see the Dearthwood to the north and the Ragaloon estuary to the east." Kessen observes

The party decides to re-stack the rocks and head back through the tunnel to the ruins. Once back, they head upstairs looking for a fight, only to find the place deserted.

"Hey Gorga, so much for your Raiders." Menthos states

"Well, they're either out on a hunting party, or they wisely fled after finding the rest of their tribe slaughtered below." Kessen offers

"Or that." Menthos adds, accepting Kessen's ideas

"Gorga not want to live, hu-man kill all tribe. Even Firt." The goblin howls

"Take it easy, Firt didn't want you anyway. I just saved you from years of broken marriage, unwanted kids that aren't even yours, and an alimony payment that'll drive you to smoke." Menthos tries to reason with Gorga

"Doopa think Firt leave you for next goblin she see. Better she dead now than after she take all your stuff." The ogre chimes in

"You two certainly have a warped sense of honor, and a pessimistic view o life. Gorga, Firt was no longer yours. I'm going to set you free, go make a new tribe of goblins with those that don't leave their brethren behind." Haimish states and cuts Gorga free

The goblin bolts for the exit and flees.

"Don't forget to write and let us know where you moved too!" Menthos yells

"That was unexpected, I would have thought you'd strike him down on the way out." Xanthos says to the teifling

"Why? Any tribe he starts is bound to be doomed, either internally, or soon after I arrive with a sharp weapon." Menthos replies

"Well, let's go get paid!" Kessen shouts and races up the stairs to the night air. Followed quickly by the rest of the group

The trip back to Highcastle went quick and soon the group was upon Lord Palmere's estate and at his doorstep, just to the southeast of Highcastle.

Lord Palmere excitedly pays them one-hundred gold apiece, "And here's an invitation to the party I'm throwing in twelve days hence. If you plan on coming, I'd advise on a bath first." Lord Palmere states

The group collects their pay and heads back into Highcastle. Haimish and Menthos both grab a High times in Highcastle newspaper. Turgar and Kessen discovered on the long tunnel trip that they both live in the same area. Kessen is from the Plain of Cairns and Turgar's tribe overlooks the Plains, they both head to the nearest bar to drink and tell tales of home.

Menthos looks up from the paper and spots an open bar. "Horned Devil" My kind of place, the teifling heads in and picks a seat and then watches as Kessen and Turgar bring back a platter of pitchers to the table next to him. Turgar waves, and Kessen merely looks disgusted.

Haimish then enters and takes a seat at the bar, unfolds his paper on the table and orders a mead. Doopa and Xanthos enter last, Doopa because he was hungry and alone on the street, Xanthos out of curiosity.

Menthos chats up the bar maid and learns that the Temple of Kador captured a spy in their temple, "Supposed t'be some high flying girl from the Church of Tinel, they're gonna sacrifice her tomorrow. Me an my guy got tickets."

Haimish notes on the front page of the paper a story about disappearances along Shady Street after midnight. Lone travelers have gone missing and the local constables are at a loss to explain it.

Xanthos notes how sparse the bar seems, there's a middle-aged gnome scouring over blueprints and maps in the front booth by the exit, and there's a well dressed man sitting at the bar next to Haimish. Which takes Xanthos aback as he hadn't seen that man enter or even sit down. Xanthos saunters up to the bar next to Haimish, who is carrying on a lively conversation with the well-to-do gentleman.

Last edited:

the Jester said:
So far this is a very fun story hour! Thanks! :D

Thank you. The group is lots of fun and makes my job easy, I only have to focus on killing them. :p

Since I know not everyone has The Book of the Righteous, I wanted to post some the deities and their main portfolios so readers won't be confused once the names of churches and temples start to get thrown around as their relationships come to the forefront of the plots in the coming weeks.

Kador - God of fire
Shalimyr - God of water
Maal - God of justice (also controls all criminal proceedings in Highcastle, more LN than what the book has)
Terak - God of valor
Tinel - God of magic, knowledge, and secrets
Rontra - God of earth and fertility
Morwyn - God of healing (has monopoly on healing items in Highcastle)
Carnak - God of slaughter and war (think CE)
Thellos - God of self-indulgence (think NE)
Mormekar - God or death and rebirth
Urian - God of air and storms
Zheenkeef - God of thieves
Naryne - God of nobility

There are other gods in the book, but I don't know if they will ever play a part in any of the upcoming plots. The merchant lords whorship the almighty gold coin, so there is no god of trade or wealth. You'll also notice that 2 of the 3 evil alignments are represented, the third (LE) does have a deity (and if you have BotR you know who it is) but the party has yet to find out which church that is so I've left that bit of info off the list. :]

Last edited:

Tavern talk

"I'm Haimish, happy to meet your acquaintance." The bard says vigorously shaking the hand of the gentleman seated next to him

"I am Lord De' Lite, you look to have the make of an adventurer. What do you do for a living?"

"Well, truth be told. I've only just begun my adventuring career, got rid of some vermin. I'm currently vexing over how best to put it to pen. I plan on making it a play after I'm famous." Haimish answers

"Lofty goals there sir, it heartens me so to hear the youth of today with career goals of their own. For whom did you get rid of the vermin for?"

"It was a private matter, likely the individual was too embarrassed." Haimish chose his words carefully

"And yet you still keep his confidence? Impressive indeed, and what great adventure lies next upon the horizon for young Haimish?"

"I don't know, I'm sure something will come up, though this time I'd like it if it presented itself prior to me going broke." Haimish replied

"Really? I may have just the sort of capital gain you're looking for."

"You do? Well I'd love to hear it." Haimish answered excitedly

"This fist of glass is a replica of an item called the Soul Gem, it currently resides under the School of Ancient Knowledge. You'd like to get it for me wouldn't you?" *

"I would totally be up for that! I'll go now and get it for you, don't go anywhere." Haimish gushed

"Ah, the impetuous and full of life." Lord De' Lite grabbed Haimish's arm and guided him back to his seat, "You've not heard of the school then?" A head shake from Haimish confirmed Lord De' Lite's suspicion

"Young Haimish, there's plots to be planned and subterfuge to be laid. One does not go into the dark room without knowing what is inside, lest one end up worse for the wear."

"Planning, subterfuge. Got it." Haimish eagerly replied

Xanthos arrived next to Haimish, "Hello gentlemen, this is the first time I've been in one of your drinking establishments. Might someone suggest a good beginner drink, I'd hate to lose my wits so soon." Xanthos asked

"Here, this'll cure you of your fly problem." The barkeep said noting Xanthos' tail swatting away a few flies.

"What is the name of this concoction?" Xanthos inquired

"Troll drool over rocks." The barkeep replies

Xanthos studied the thick liquid, it reminded him more of pus than of drool. The smell nearly knocked him off his four feet before he even tried to drink it.

"Hey Xanthos! I'm going to get this awesome gem for this guy. It's going to be sweet! I'm totally getting it." Haimish espoused

Xanthos spewed his drink all over Haimish's face, it was unclear whether it was because of the drink or Haimish's words.

"You sound extremely happy to do this, you must be getting good riches from this endeavor?" Xanthos asks of Haimish and then makes eye contact with Lord De' Lite, "I am Xanthos of the Silverwood Valley."

"Riches? That's not necessary, I'm doing this non gratis. I really want to help Lord De' Lite out, I don't need his money." Haimish answers

Something inside Xanthos told him Haimish was out of sorts, "Free? How very unhuman-like of you."

"Yes, I'm going to break into the .." Haimish is cut off by Lord De' Lite

"Now let's not go about telling everyone the plan, that would make your job extremely difficult, and no you're not doing this for free. Here's fifteen hundred gold crowns for you to use in the planning of your mission only." Lord De' Lite hands over the good sized bag of coins and Haimish spies numerous gems inside of De' Lite's cloak.

"Wow, I'm so focused on this. It's amazing what motivation feels like!" Haimish states

"Well gentlemen, it's getting late. Haimish should you have need of me before you present me with the item. You know how to reach me." Lord De' Lite says as he gets up from his barstool

Xanthos takes a quick scan of the bar where Lord De' Lite was seated and catches a glimpse of the paper's headline, "I read it's not safe out at night around here, perhaps you'd like some company for your walk home, or perhaps I can get a carriage for you?"

"Thank you my good man, but that won't be necessary. Years of training abroad have taught me how to defend myself."

"And where was that?" Xanthos pries

Lord De' Lite was getting visibly irritated with Xanthos now, "Never you mind my half-stallion, these things always have a way of working themselves out." Lord De' Lite winks at Xanthos and exits the building, Xanthos quickly heads for the door but the man is nowhere to be found in the street.

Bored, Menthos watches as Turgar and Kessen, and Haimish and Xanthos are engaged in their own conversations. Not wanting to converse with the retarded, Menthos ignores Doopa and quietly walks over to the man studying the blueprints and maps at the booth near the front door.

Menthos looks over one map in particular when the candle light of recognition flickers on and he sees the ruins he just cleared out displayed out before him.

The man senses Menthos' curiosity and quickly folds up his maps, "Ahem, something I can help you with?"

"I don't know, looks like your map was incomplete." Menthos answers

"And how would a low-life teifling know anything of that?" The man replies

"Well crap, if you're going to insult me like that, then I won't tell you where the secret entrance to those ruins you've got on the map there is located, get you right past the goblins living there." Menthos retorts

"What? You know nothing." The man dismisses Menthos

Menthos then begins to recite the dimensions and placement of each of the rooms in the ruins, the man's eyes swell with anticipation as he unfolds that map and realizes that Menthos speaks the truth. Menthos however neglects to include the location of the secret tunnel.

"Please sir, I had no idea. I've been searching most of my adult life for an item I believe to be located there. I was just planning my foray. You were speaking of a secret entrance?" The man pleads

"Um, no not me, you must have me mistaken for someone else." Menthos answers

"But, you just told me there was a secret entrance not on my map, It bypasses the goblins living there." The man begs

"Sir, I do believe you need to rest. You're addled mind has attributed statements to me that simply aren't fact." Menthos states

"I'll pay you! five hundred gold!" The man offers

"Sorry can't help you." Menthos states and begins to walk away from the man

"One thousand!" The man shouts

Menthos shrugs his shoulders and sits down at Doopa's table. The man begins shouting obscenities towards Menthos and must be physically removed from the tavern.

"What yelling man problem?" Doopa asks Menthos

"He's a jerk." Menthos answers

*Haimish missed a save, I won't say which so as to keep you intrigued until most is revealed soon. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads