The Age of Worms - Morrus' Campaign - Finished 6th August!!

kroh

First Post
Do any of the heroes know anyone close enough to the town that could bring the group back from the brink? It is an awful shame to lose such cool characters. When is the next game session and is there any word on what is going to happen next?

Regards,
Walt

Tamlyn

Explorer
Eccles said:
Good job, sir! Thanks!

For those of you reading this, the party was left with Morgan (dead), Torvig (dead), me (-7hp), Niccoli (-6hp), and Flynne (it's spelled with an 'e'? Who knew?) on 4 hp. Oh, and the weasel died, too...

Back calculations showed that if that weasel hadn't done 3hp of damage, the cleric would have survived Flynne's attack and most likely killed him...

Wow. Just...wow.

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
kroh said:
Do any of the heroes know anyone close enough to the town that could bring the group back from the brink? It is an awful shame to lose such cool characters. When is the next game session and is there any word on what is going to happen next?

Regards,
Walt

We're at the bottom of a mine shaft, at the top of which someone is tipping burning oil down on us. We didn't find another way out from the back of the complex.

I don't *think* the town's big enough to have a cleric that powerful, and we're certainly not wealthy enough to afford the diamonds.

I think we're waiting for providence to provide in the form of new characters, suspiciously like the old ones...

Hairball

First Post
Eccles said:
I don't *think* the town's big enough to have a cleric that powerful, and we're certainly not wealthy enough to afford the diamonds.

Even if the town isn't big enough, the DM could arrange to have one passing through. As far as finances...

<insert wizened old cleric voice> "Oh you're "financially impaired" eh? Well not too worry, I'm sure we can work something out. As a matter of fact, I could use some assistance with a small matter, a mere trifling. It will probably only take a couple of days. I'm sure you'd have no trouble with it. Encountered many outsiders have you?"

As a DM, nothing's more fun then player characters in a bind...

GeorgeFields

Explorer
Eccles said:
Back calculations showed that if that weasel hadn't done 3hp of damage, the cleric would have survived Flynne's attack and most likely killed him...

Nice.

The story has been great and well-written thus far. I hope to get a decent story-hour going for my next game. I'll finally be running one again after the first of the year. I'm going to give our current GM a break and run a, hopefully, epic campaign. It's been too long.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There was a tiny bit left off the end - nothing exciting, though, and probably not worth writing up. They explored what was left of the complex, discovering a small temple, a battle arena, and the cleric's personal quarters. In the battle areana, they pried a large red gem out of a statue of Hextor, and in the cleric's quarters they discovered a journal with some interesting info in it, along with a stone key and a few trinkets.

The fighter's blind, and at present there's no clear way to escape to the surface except back up the elevator - and someone has a habit of throwing flaming oil down the shaft!

Morgan and Torvig are dead, but there will be two new party members joining this week's session in their place. I'll leave Eccles to describe that when it happens, though.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
Nice write ups there guys! :)

Good work to Dave for filling in the missing chunk.

Torvig's death was a painful one - the cleric critted with that mace of his. Then proceeded to roll 2 8's - really poor luck (for poor little Torvig). But what can ya do! :)

For me, the highlight of that session was the end of that fight. Down to chance again. Flynne and the evil cleric being the only ones left standing. Both really injured. We figured it was tpk time for us... Then the evil cleric missed a couple of times - we saw Flynnes player roll a 20 - took the guy straight down. Karma or something I guess. :)

There was some nasty stuff in that fight. But the Dire Ape was particularly mean! Siccing a Summon Natures Ally 4 spell on a 4th level party is mean. There's a module writer out there who needs a clip round the ear!

Was one hell of a session!

Anyway, better get onto writing up my replacement character. Or possibly doing some work. :p

And thanks again to our sexeh writers. :)

Remove ads