The Age of Worms - Morrus' Campaign - Finished 6th August!!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've really enjoyed this campaign so far. Unfortunately, it's entering the level range which I don't thematically enjoy so much - everyone is flying, invisible, immune to everything, etc. For me, that's not Sword & Sorcery, it's Superman (not that i don't enjoy a superhero game from time to time).

That's just a taste thing, though; everyone's mileage varies on that. I'm certainly still having fun, and I hope the players are! It is getting into the "lots of high level options that I can't track" realm on the DM front; that's always been my biggest weakness as a DM - I start to get out of my depth, and I'm fairly sure it shows.

Timing-wise, it looks like this campaign will dovertail neatly with the 4E release, which is convenient!

Cerulean_Wings

First Post
Morrus, I know how you feel; I've DMed high level campaigns (above level 20!) and it really does get out of control. What kept me going was the story, mainly.

I noticed you did some heavy editing in the lizard-folk lair, with King Shukak and all. Mind giving me the summary of changes you did?

Eccles

Ragged idiot in a trilby.
Cerulean_Wings said:
I noticed you did some heavy editing in the lizard-folk lair, with King Shukak and all. Mind giving me the summary of changes you did?

Did he? Harsh... OK, Morrus - you been editing my posts to make us look dumb or somefing?

And not to spoil the surprise pending the next post, quick sweepstake on how many PCs (level 14-15) died during the fight with CR21 titan and his levelled up minions?

Quartz

Hero
Eccles said:
And not to spoil the surprise pending the next post, quick sweepstake on how many PCs (level 14-15) died during the fight with CR21 titan and his levelled up minions?

Either none or a near TPK.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Cerulean_Wings said:

Unfortunately, I can't remember. It was months ago!

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Cerulean_Wings said:
By the way, there's a spell effect that Edon casts that has me puzzled. You describe it as a "robed skeleton embracing the necromancer", and I can't figure out what spell it represents. :\

That spell is simply 'Mage Armour' given some funky visuals.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Nooooo! I have come to the end of the updates!

Drat.

Still, they've been immensely enjoyable and I hope to continue reading them as soon as they are updated (hint hint).

Loving the necromancy - it makes a change to see a party that doesn't use much in the way of Evocation to do their damage! I'm guessing trying to cast ray of enfeeblement on a Titan might not work all that well...

Darmanicus

I'm Ray...of Enfeeblement
Tallarn said:
Loving the necromancy - it makes a change to see a party that doesn't use much in the way of Evocation to do their damage! I'm guessing trying to cast ray of enfeeblement on a Titan might not work all that well...

Sometimes the Necromancy is great and sometimes it's infuriating. Save for nothing can really start to wind you up when the bad guys keep on making saves; it's even worse when you have to get past SR..........."Oh I rolled an 18, I just got past it's SR, make a DC 26 Fort save scumbag!!!"........"Made it".........."bugger" :(

When it works however the effects can be insane. I always keep an Empowered RoE to hand now and it's been the bane of many a bad guy. 'Weeping Wounds' is another great spell which I should definitely start using more often now that Flynne gets more shots in a round than an UZI on full auto! +1d6 damage to everyone elses damage is nasty! Combine that with the 'Flame Arrow' spell for Flynne and his bow is a surefire death sentence to anyone that gets in its sights.

Now that I've just hit 15th level, with the last 2 levels taken in Archmage I really plan to start having some fun. I've taken the 'Mastery of Shaping' ability so that I can now use my AoE spells far more effectively and more importantly the 'Arcane Reach' ability, giving my touch attacks a 30ft reach.....

Mwhahahahaha!!! :]

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Darmanicus said:
Now that I've just hit 15th level, with the last 2 levels taken in Archmage I really plan to start having some fun. I've taken the 'Mastery of Shaping' ability so that I can now use my AoE spells far more effectively and more importantly the 'Arcane Reach' ability, giving my touch attacks a 30ft reach.....

Mwhahahahaha!!! :]

Arcane Reach? Eeeek.

I guess that takes away the need for those Spectral Hand spells you've been flinging around. I presume you're still going to be described it in a similar way?

Remove ads