• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Annual March Movie Monster Marathon Challenge II: The Quickening.

Krishnath

First Post
Yes this is a sequel. :p

Last year the March Movie Monster Marathon Challenge was a huge success with over a dozen entries, I thought it was just fair to make it an annual occurrence. And since March is coming this Monday, it’s about time I start it up again.

What is the March Movie Monster Marathon Challenge you ask?

It’s quite simple really; it is a fun small little exercise for the monster creation boards.

Anyways, here is the layout (and a few rules):

the March Movie Monster Mayhem Marathon Challenge!

This is a challenge to make the D&D3E stats for movie monsters, everything from Aliens, to Xenoforms are legal game, if it is a monster and in a movie, it is good for this challenge.
(and for the record, a smurf is not a monster. :p)

Anyways, here are the rules (yes we have to have rules, I know it is boring, but without them there will be chaos):

#1: One monster per poster

#2: The monster must be from a movie.

#3: Post in this thread, the name of the monster you are doing, and from what movie it comes.

#4: When you have created the monster, post it in the Homebrews Forum, then come back here and post a link to it so we can comment on it.

#5: Comments on monsters are reserved for that monsters thread.

#6: If you are uncertain if a creature you would like to 'create' is considered a monster or not, feel free to ask.

#7: Don't do a monster someone else has already called. It's bad manners.

-

The challenge will be active throughout March, and then in April we will have a vote on which monster conversion was the best.

Now, this is a challenge not a contest, so the only 'prize' you will be getting is the admiration of your fellow monster creators. But that is still a prize worth fighting for.

Good?

Now start creating! :D

Krishnath

First Post
Yes, and Godzilla, the Beast of Caerbannog (vorpal rabbit), Gremlins, Monstrous Cyclops, and about a dozen other creatures. ;)

It was a lot of fun last year, so, I thought, why not do the timewarp again? :p

Come and join in the fun. :D

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Krishnath said:
Yes, and Godzilla, the Beast of Caerbannog (vorpal rabbit), Gremlins, Monstrous Cyclops, and about a dozen other creatures. ;)

It was a lot of fun last year, so, I thought, why not do the timewarp again? :p

Come and join in the fun. :D

I shall post my 3.5-updated LEGENDARY BLACK BEAST OF AAARRRGGHH!!

I recieved good responses to my beast of Caerbannog last year, so I will continue the Monty Python theme this year. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads