D&D 5E The Blight: 900 pages of Awesome for 5E

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Hey Gang,
In the event you havent seen the thread (in Pathfinder or on the Front page, but quickly descending as news comes out). Its a Campaign City setting by Richard Pett.
It comes with a FULL Adventure path

It was originally written for Pathfinder/Swords & Wizardry, but they have opened it up for 5E in PDF format
Its like Ptolus meets something very wicked and gritty and darkly supernatural. Its got Politics, Horror, Occult, and the imminent dangers of a city that is haunted not just by the unnatural, but by its very residents and their history.

Its a 900 page PDF for 5E

And if they get to $100,000 in funding, its available in Print Edition for 5E
There are all sorts of previews on the KS page updates!

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...e-blight-richard-petts-crooked-ci/description

They have 11 more days to hit (and hopefully exceed!) their funding goal. If you love your PDFs, 900 pages for $50 seems like a steal!

Last edited:

Paraxis

Explorer
Seems like 5e mechanics are an afterthought, think I will pass on this, after a bad experience with the 13th Age version of Primeval Thule where they did such a piss pore version of incorporating 13th Age ruleset into the book might as well just have purchased the pathfinder version instead. This is a different company and different system, just it very much seems like..."oh yeah will cut out the pathfinder statblocks and hodge podge something sorta close to 5e in it's place". I doubt they will think about limits of concentration for npc's when doing encounter set ups, or offering advice on what might give advantage/disadvantage in a given scene, the treasure they hand out will probably be cut and paste for the most part from the other systems, and the pacing will not be adjusted for things like hour long short rests.

Luz

Explorer
Seems like 5e mechanics are an afterthought, think I will pass on this, after a bad experience with the 13th Age version of Primeval Thule where they did such a piss pore version of incorporating 13th Age ruleset into the book might as well just have purchased the pathfinder version instead. This is a different company and different system, just it very much seems like..."oh yeah will cut out the pathfinder statblocks and hodge podge something sorta close to 5e in it's place". I doubt they will think about limits of concentration for npc's when doing encounter set ups, or offering advice on what might give advantage/disadvantage in a given scene, the treasure they hand out will probably be cut and paste for the most part from the other systems, and the pacing will not be adjusted for things like hour long short rests.

Not exactly, this is what Charles Wright at Frog God Games had to say:

"Borderlands Provinces was always meant to be for 5E as well as the other two lines.

In fact, Adventures in the Borderland Provinces was initially writing in the 5E format and converted to Pathfinder and Swords & Wizardry.

The Blight started its development cycle at least 2 years ago when 5E wasn't even an option. We decided to do try and do a 5e version of The Blight because so many fans were asking for it.

We want to do a 5E version of this book. We have a dedicated team of converters set to work on a 5E version of this book. I personally want a 5E version of The Blight on my bookshelf (I'm the AD and layout guy for FGG).

This isn't about preferred editions. We aren't a huge company and a misstep on something this big has the potential to shut us down with too much debt.

It's not an "Oh well, if you really want it . . ." it's more of an "Oh wow! They really want us to do it!"

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...5E-Pathfinder-and-S-amp-W/page4#ixzz3waqMcaU2

I suggest checking out the other thread in the link above. There's more discussion with Richard Pett and Greg Vaughn about the 5e version and it sounds pretty exciting.

CapnZapp

Legend
This

Desh-Rae-Halra

Explorer
Primeval Thule was...Sasquatch studios?
The Blight is Frog God Games, who have an excellent reputation with the gaming community.
Part of the fact is that The Blight was being written before there even was a 5E. Its awfully hard to write a game for a system that didn't exist yet. They were half way done writing the thing (450 pages, bigger than most of your hardbacks probably), before 5E even came out, and even then, no sense of OGL, license, etc.

I understand in some way. I want a Hardback too and am really hoping they get there. I have been watching the Kickstarter page and think it is not impossible.

Their name is on the line with this one too...and they have talked about how they specifically hire people to convert material.

So I can respect your hesitance, but it is based on someone else's screw up, and doesnt take FGG's track record into account. Its kind of like saying I'm not going to a nice Mexican restaurant because one time I went to Taco Bell and they screwed my order up.

Remove ads