The Book of Exalted Deeds - It's Here! (merged - full ToC posted)

LuYangShih

First Post
The nudity violates the spirit of the book. It is supposed to be a book about the Good alignment in D&D, while nudity is clearly CE. If you do not believe me, imagine an Illithid nude.

Filby

First Post
BOZ said:
you missed the agathion and light angels, as well as the noviere guardinal and tome archons. :)

also, i noticed that the guardinal paragons were altered a bit... (can't remember the original names at the moment)

I believe I can be of some help here. :) Named in 2E 'Planes of Conflict' and 3E 'Manual of the Planes', the original Companions of Talisid were:

Prince Talisid of the Leonals
Duchess Callisto of the Ursinals
Lord Hwyn of the Equinals
Duke Lucan of the Lupinals
Lord Rhanok of the Cervidals
Duke Windheir of the Avorals

None of them were ever given any real personality before BoED, just like the Tome Archons/Celestial Hebdomad (as a side note, 'the Hebdomiad' was noted as the yearly meeting of the Tome Archons in 'Planes of Law', so they didn't just pull a new name out of thin air or anything...).

In 2E's 'Warriors of Heaven' (which MotP disregarded in its list of the Companions), it's noted that Windheir retired from his post and named Lady Zwestra as his successor, and in BoED it says that Rhanok likewise retired and was succeeded by Manath. Apparently, Hwyn has been likewise replaced by Whara. As for the other new ones... I'd say that Lucan and Kharash, Callisto and Bharrai, and Zwestra and Sathia are all just different names for the same beings.

Also, about the Court of Stars... oddly enough, in 'Warriors of Heaven', 'Faerinall' is the surname of Morwel's consort Vaeros: Vaeros Faerinall. Now BoED says that Vaeros is dead and that Faerinall is someone else. Go figure. 'WoH' (or if not that, then probably 'Planes of Chaos'... not sure) also said that Gwynarwhyf was Morwel's daughter rather than her consort. Either they've just totally changed the character's character...

...or, as Principal Edward R. Rooney of Shermer High School once said, "So that's how it is in their family..."

Last edited:

Shazman

Banned
Banned
Would it be possible to post the requirements and abilities of the Lawful Good "Asassain" prestige classe. I briefly perused the book at my FLGS yesterday, and this one caught my eye. I can't remember the name of it, but it looked intriguing. I've always thought that the asassain prestige class was the coolest one around, but the evil alignment requirement pretty much relegates it to NPC only status.

Yeah I was wondering what was with the changes to some of the celestial paragons, especially the guardinal ones. Do the designers have anything to say about that?

Gez

First Post
Posting merely the rough prerequisites would be considered "fair use". (Posting the whole class wouldn't.)

Remove ads