D&D General The Boyz... murder hobo PCs and NPCs and even normal ones

there are no 'levels' in a drizt story... anyone can stab drizt and 1 stabbing can kill him.

batman beats superman 90% of the tiem even though "common sense" and "Powere scaling" says they cant'...
Sorry, but this is an impossible conversation.

So you win. There are no layer of powers in any fiction. Not for superheroes or fantasy.

Sorry, but this is an impossible conversation.

So you win. There are no layer of powers in any fiction. Not for superheroes or fantasy.
there are only the layer the writer wants... and even then they (or another writer later with the same character) can choose to change it.

in the real world when 2 boxers or an MMA fighter and a boxer or 2 MMA fighters have a match there are 'odds on favorite" but no one really knows who will win.

in the real world if Jackie Chan or Bruce lee were walking down the street and some guy 1 foot from them pulled a gun and said "Give me your wallet" they would more likely then not just give them the wallet... and they are/were the two fastest martial artists/fighters I can name (I am sure there are better/faster but we don't know those names). Could they disarm the gunman and kick the snot out of them... yeah, they could, maybe... but if they get even a slight bit unlucky or that gunman is just a little quicker on the trigger then they think they will get seriously injured or die.

that example was told to me by a 3rd degree black belt that teaches 2 different styles and kick boxes. He says all the time that in a official match he knows who he can beat most times and who he would 'have to work for' and even a few 'I don't know if i could beat' but once you take the judge and the rules out... in the real world, no body knows. And sometimes when teaching (especially kids) he will find a fast kid get a lucky shot in and him have to take a second... a 30ish year old man who has been training in MA since he was single digits can't 100% guarantee to block every attack even from an untrained fighter... and with a knife, a gun, a sword, a box cutter... 1 hit can end the fight

Remove ads