Level Up (A5E) The Cackler Warlock archetype from Planestrider's

Faolyn

(she/her)
This is kuru as a warlock patron.

Which begs the question, what other diseases can be made into interesting patrons, or archetypes for other classes? Cancer with body manipulation and possible eventual immortality? The common cold with the ability to infect people and turn them into your minions?

I mean, it's not that much of a stretch. D&D's spore druids gave us cordyceps zombies.

Faolyn

(she/her)
rabies comes to mind, although that might fit more as a berserker archetype.
Ooh, that'd work nicely!

You (temporarily) infect your foe with rage of the type where they attack at advantage or with an expertise die but attacks made against them have advantage, and they wouldn't get all the berserker bonuses while raging.

Which begs the question, what other diseases can be made into interesting patrons, or archetypes for other classes?
Haven't read it yet so I'm not sure what could be valid choices, ut here's a couple of ideas that came to mind:
  • Ludomania and erotomania could be interesting for a multiclassed Bard IMO.
  • Intermittent Explosive Disorder could work for a berserker or a fighter (but rabies may be even more fun)
  • Hypermetabolism for a rogue or a monk

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
This is kuru as a warlock patron.

Which begs the question, what other diseases can be made into interesting patrons, or archetypes for other classes? Cancer with body manipulation and possible eventual immortality? The common cold with the ability to infect people and turn them into your minions?

I mean, it's not that much of a stretch. D&D's spore druids gave us cordyceps zombies.
I like your cancer idea. Reminds of the cancer mage from early 3e.

Selganor

Adventurer
Just wondering (too lazy to check)... has anyone done a "Beast"-Patron? This could turn a warlock to a variant "werewolf/-bear/..."

Remove ads