• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"There are no more spitting drakes nearby." the dragonborn mutters. "We were instructed by our Lady, Kartharath Heartstealer, to accept the shipment of cargo from Redblade's minions since he renegotiated the business deal. She had already declared this Azrael's life to be forfeit for treating her cargo and her business with such contempt as to bet them in a game of chance. This is why she unleashed the hydra of kobold bounty hunters after him. Those weaklings obviously either couldn't find you or you destroyed them as easily as you defeated us here. You will never live to enjoy your victory here though, as she will continue to send further hunters after you until someone succeeds at bringing her your heads. You would have to kill her to stop that, and that is just as impossible."

After disarming and searching both dragonborn, you find 40 gp and two items of interest. The dead dragonborn had a magical Floating Shield (for Alex) and the dragonborn you are interrogating had on a suit of +1 Deathcut leather armor(for Hrav).

Atanatotatos

First Post
Oh, I like that! say Alexander, holding the big round metal shield, with a symbol of Poseeydus emblazoned, a golden trident crossed by three wavey lines. So, mates, what do we do with this bad boy here? I suppose we could be more forgiving if he could tell us where this Heartstealer lizard lady is... he continues, looking at the kneeling dragonborn.

[sblock=wishlist]6th- Magic Weapon +2
5th- Armor of sacrifice +1
4th- Collar of recovery +1
3rd- --
2nd- Belt of vigor
1st- Floating shield

Man, somehow I just knew I'd get the shield first... sigh[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
As Alex and Hrav stare possessively at their new-found magical equipment, Girth gathers up the coins and throws half to Quagmire.

"Here, friend Quag. Our share this is, waste it not." He looks over at the captain. "Or perhaps our share bigger is. No healing power have we for Azreal. A pity it may be but if we this Lady Heatseeker avoid must, then maybe sail we should."

His tone is bantering but it is clear there is serious undertone to his little speech.

garyh

First Post
Hrav happily dons his new armor as he listens to the dragonborn prattle on in a likely-vain attempt to prolong his life.

[sblock=Wish List]I want a large rapier. I mean, really want. : ) Here are the types I'd go for for levels 2-7.

2 - Vicious +1 (PHB)
3 - Luckblade +1 (AV)
4 - Deathstalker +1 (AV)
5 - Lifedrinker +1 (PHB)
6 - Dynamic +2 (AV)
7 - Vicious +2 (PHB)

Otherwise, I'd go for some leather armor. I'm not super picky on that. Darkleaf maybe, or maybe something with a resistance.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6
HP:12/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:3/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Resist 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Predatory Eye
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Blinding Barrage
Deathcut Armor (Daily)

Full character sheet[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Mmm. Yea I doubt staying right here is a good idea. But, first, I want this big boy here to tell us where her mistress is. And, hey, Quag, can't you do something for out poor captain, here?

Phoenix8008

First Post
"You will find my mistress down the path behind me." The dragonborn answers.

"Worry not about me lads." Captain Azrael says. "My life burns strong in me still. But it sounds like none of us will live long unless you can take care of this Kartharath. I'll gather the crew and make ready to leave quickly if we need to. What should we do with this dragonborn prisoner though?" He asks with an unsure look in his single eye.

garyh

First Post
Hrav chuckles as he makes a cutting motion across his neck with his hand.

[sblock=Healing]Hrav is at 12/31 HP with 3/8 surges left. Can I get a couple Inspiring Words from Quag to heal up and keep a surge left for what seems like the boss battle?[/sblock]

[sblock=Hrav's Info]Hrav Kortaga- Male Bugbear Rogue 2
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18, Fort:15, Reflex:17, Will:12 -- Speed:6
HP:12/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:3/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Resist 5 Necrotic, 5 Poison
Powers-
Deft Strike
Piercing Strike

Predatory Eye
Student of the Sword +1 and Mark
Torturous Strike
Tumble

Blinding Barrage
Deathcut Armor (Daily)

Full character sheet[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire ignores Captain Azrael. He sighs, and spits a wad of bloody mucus onto the sand. "Azrael was an idiot, to be sure, but he was smart enough to hire us. He may have lost the cargo originally, but he's busted his oversized backside trying to get it back. As you can see, he has succeeded, and delivered the cargo safely. Is your Lady really such a fool as to put her pride before her life and her own business interests?"

[sblock=ooc]I know it probably doesn't quite gel with the plan for this adventure, but it feels a little forced to me to go in, guns blazing. This seems like a situation calling for a diplomatic solution, or at very least some out-of-the-box thinking, rather than just plowing straight up that trail into whatever ambush Phoenix8008 has prepared for us. :)[/sblock]

The Digger

First Post
At Quagmire's words Girth whirled around, fingers twisting and eyes blazing. A low, angry hiss burst from his lips as he quickly considered what had been said.

Fortunately he realised in time that Quag was talking to the dragonborn and not to him. It seemed there was more than one Lady in this equation!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads