• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Captain's Caper! (Dunamin judging)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire leaned against a nearby tree, wheezing and watching the black speck in the sky that was the fleeing dragon. At least, I hope it's fleeing, he mused ruefully. Still, despite the exhaustion, despite the lingering pain of sweat mixed with draconic acid in his many minor cuts and scrapes, he could not help but feel a certain reckless elation. That dragon's runnin' from me. Me and my mates. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it, Captain Canker.

ooc: bump

Atanatotatos

First Post
Are ya kidding? No way I'm going to let it get away!! grunts Alexander, and rushes towards Girth while ripping a piece of his clothes and rubbing away some of the acid from the warlock's skin. There, Girth, pal, feel better? Blast the lizard!!
Then the young man, clearly out of his wits, turns back at Kartharath and, batting the flat of his sword on the shield in a sign of challenge, yells with all the might of his lungs: C'mon, don't tell me ya're so afraid! Ya sent scores of lackeys to us 'cuz ya really can't clean up your own scaly a** I guess uh?? Ya know what, your damned acid doesn't even tickle anymore!!! C'mon, show me your fangs, pussy!!!

[sblock=actions]regenerate 4hp. move adjacent to Girth; standard: Heal chek to grant a save: 16, success[/sblock]

ooc:Girth can roll a save.
[sblock=mini-stats]Alexander Duran- Human Fighter 2
Initiative:+2 Passive perception:19 Passive Insight:13
AC:20 For:18 Ref:15 Will:14
HP:18/41 Bloodied:20 Surges value:10 Surges/day:6/11
Speed:5 Languages:Common, Imperial(=elven)
AP:1 Second Wind:1
Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 1d8+4
Opportunity attack: +11 vs AC, 1d8+4
Powers: Cleave, Sure strike, Tide of iron
Covering Attack
Comeback strike, Boundless Endurance*[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I'm thinking Girth would be okay with lending his spear to Alex in this case. If you want to make the attack roll for your spear throwing go ahead Ata. If for some reason Digger doesn't want Girth lending the spear, it's easy enough to say it never happened rather than wait for permission first and then roll. :angel:

Atanatotatos

First Post
ooc: damn. I was going to edit the post, but then I realized that Girth's simple spear has no range, it's not throwable.
Damn.
What skill do I need to enrage the dragon and make it come down?? :heh:
Edit: I heard a voice in my head saying: "it's called roleplaying". Then I got mad that I can't really goad properly in english :( Sigh. I wish to learn more profanities lol :heh: ...

Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
Girth smiled at Alexander, a broad beaming smile like no other seen on his face. "Thank you friend Alex"

[sblock=OOC]Save 18: Roll Lookup [/sblock]

He handed the spear to the fighter and joined in chanting at the fleeing dragon.

"Cow-ard! Cow-ard! Come back fight stinky Cow-ard!"

"Your mother was swamp lizard, your father stinked of elderberry"

"Skinny, malinky, umber-ella feet"

He turned at smiled again at Alex "How I do? Insults all right?"

garyh

First Post
"My only regret," sighs Hrav, "is that we won't be able to mount that gnome-licking, grub-rooting, limp-winged lizard's head over the mantle at the Hanged Man."

Looking around, the bugbear exclaims, "Treasure! Dragons always have treasure. All we have to do is find it. C'mon, fellas, let's have a look around! I could stand to find a giant pile of gold to soothe my aches away."

Atanatotatos

First Post
Alexander grins at Hrav's remark and roars again at Kartharath: Yeah!! I'm gonna count every freaking coin under your scared eyes while you flee, scaly chicken! C'mon!! Don't dragons love their treasure?? Come down and try to keep it!!

Phoenix8008

First Post
With a howl of rage, the dragon continues flying high into the sky and out of reach. Your taunting hits the mark, especially when it comes to wanting to save her treasure, but her logic barely wins out in the end. She fears you it seems and knows that alive she can acquire more treasure, while turning back to face you is near certain death.

OOC: Working up the details for the final big post. I'll be back as soon as possible to wrap up. Also, what do you folks think about a possible goblin sorcerer joining the MMC for the next adventure? Also just gotta ask to make sure you all are still interested in continuing together in the sequel as well? I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, but it never hurts to double check.

Also, if you had a magic item wishlist for you PC, please post it again to refresh my memory so I don't have to search the 44 pages of thread for it. Thanks!

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
[size=+2]ARRRGH! DAMN YOU COWARD!![/size] roars Alex at the fleeing dragon's back, almost hurling his sword on the ground, but holding himself not to break it.
That bastard, I have to give it back all of these!! he grumbles, looking at his own wounds and scorches.

[sblock=wishlist][size=-2]8th-Gauntlets of the ram
7th- Dwarven Drakescale +2[/size]
[size=+2]6th- Waraxe +2[/size]
[size=-2]5th- Armor of sacrifice +1
4th- Collar of recovery +1
3rd- --
2nd- Belt of vigor
1st- Floating shield[/size]

:heh:[/sblock]

[sblock=Alex's records](for this fight):
damage dealt in encounter: 94
damage taken in encounter: 74
hp healed in encounter: 61
Hits in encounter: 8

not bad uh?[/sblock]

Last edited:

The Digger

First Post
"Never mind you, friend Alex. I have her name written in the stars. Should we her meet again there shall be no escape for her."

"Now let us help ourselves to the reward for our persistance."

Girth limped over to the dragon's resting place in hope of large gain.

[sblock=wishlist]rod of corruption, Eagle eye goggles, Cloak of Distortion, Bracers of the perfect shot[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads