• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin's face goes white, "I'm ... I'm not a healer... hold on"

He rushes to get Rashleigh, "Rash, wake up, quick. The child needs help."

When Rashleigh wakes up, Tamin rushes back to the child, not waiting for Rashleigh to follow. "The healer, he's coming." While he waits for Rashleigh to arrive, Tamin looks over the child, trying to get him to calm down. (untrained Heal check, I guess? +2) He has flashes from his past, the loss of loved ones sting still. <Another family hurt? This can't be happening. Get better, kid!> "I'm... I'm sorry I can't do more."

sleepystyle

First Post
Rashleigh grumbles, but stumbles out of bed groggily at Tamin's urging. Shuffling sleepily after the halfling to the mother's room, he brusquely tends to the catatonic child by suffusing its body with positive energy. Almost as an afterthought, the priest locks eyes with the child and grasping his holy symbol with one hand says in a low soothing voice, "Now you will sleep peacefully, free of all pain through the rest of the night and wake completely refreshed in the morning."

Having done what he can the priest nods to the mother and shuffles sleepily back to his own bunk.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 019

Wroat is a spralling large city located on the Dagger River. The air craft carefully floats around the Parliment Hall then comes to rest to a tall tower nearby. The dwarf steps out with new papers and awaits the docking. First off is the woman and her catatonic child. The child is looking worse and worse. They are met by three halflings and a human. The human is the commander of a horse and coach. There are no sky coaches here as the the connection to the realm of light and air is not as strong here.

Next off are the Cyrians. Eventually everyone leaves but your party. The dwarf lets you know the ship will leave in one hour.

Assuming you have no other stops or things to gather, the ship will leave.

The next official stop will be Reven in Zilargo but the ship will pause to let you of at the Two Posts trade town while still in Breland.

lonesoldier

First Post
Kerrick continues to 'meditate'. He has fallen asleep, though he looks as if he is in a trance. The child's cry wakes him suddenly. As if on instinct he leaps to his feet and places his hands under the cloak, feeling the hilts of his sais. He releases them when he realizes that there is no imminent danger. His inability to help the child is frustrating, at least the Orien cleric was able to sooth the youngling's pain.

Kerrick turns from the doorway and heads topside to take a look at Wroat and countryside. This was his first time beyond the spires and tunnels of Sharn. He leans on the railing and stares.

Bront

The man with the probe
It suddently occures to Vander that Jaskin said he left some money and bags for everyone on the ship. He checks the room they were assigned for any extra bags. If he does not find any, he looks for the captain as they have docked and asks "Did Jaskin have anything left here for us when we arived on the ship?"

If Vander does find said promised money and bag, he will go through it and decide if he has something he would like to try to aquire.

MadMaxim

First Post
Spike wanders around on the deck of the ship. Wroat is a large and impressive city, yet he comes to think of it more as one of his targets during The Last War. However, Aundarian forces never penetrated far enough into Breland territory to ever threaten its capital. Breland could probably have kept on fighting longer than Aundair and could perhaps have won the war.

He then comes to think of the sick child, whether he'll be alright or not. Yet, Spike never really knew the concept of pain. To him, it was damages that stopped him from fulfilling his duty. After all, he's more of a machine than a human...

Spike patiently waits for the ship to continue to Zilargo.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Tamin takes the hour opportunity to spend some time on solid ground -- not that the isn't solid, but it isn't ground. And almost any place is less confined than a ship. He makes sure to have a bite of some food (the one meal a day is fairly meager otherwise), and return to the ship.

Bront said:
It suddently occures to Vander that Jaskin said he left some money and bags for everyone on the ship. He checks the room they were assigned for any extra bags. If he does not find any, he looks for the captain as they have docked and asks "Did Jaskin have anything left here for us when we arived on the ship?"

If Vander does find said promised money and bag, he will go through it and decide if he has something he would like to try to aquire.

The dwarf- "Aye- we got packs for each of you in the captain's room. Been wondering if you would ask about them. I'll get them shortly."

Bront

The man with the probe
megamania said:
The dwarf- "Aye- we got packs for each of you in the captain's room. Been wondering if you would ask about them. I'll get them shortly."
Vander smiles and nods. "I felt it was appropriate to ask for them when most of your normal passangers had left." Vander bluffs. "We shall probably need them soon though, for some may need to make a quick run to the market durring one of your stops."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads