• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Chaos Effect updated 10/11/05 Exit the Dungeon + New Players intro

MadMaxim

First Post
"Clang and I will stay on guard duty. The rest of you need to rest and heal your wounds. We'll wake you up if anything happens." Spike sits down on the ground placing the greatsword in his lap.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"... Okay, then." Tamin stays up for about ten more minutes to make sure nothing else happens, then falls asleep.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 035

Two hours go by then both of you here a crack sound of rock on rock followed by a scrapping sound. A snort and loud vibrating growl. As you react there is the sound of something digging not far away.

Actions?

Bront

The man with the probe
Vander rises again (he would not have stayed up for 2 hours) and draws his bow, looking towards the sound.

"Perhaps we should investigate that sound this time. We don't need to be woken up every few hours."

He looks towards the sky, dawn should be approaching soon anyway, hopefully there is at least a little light as the sun begins to break up the darkness.

Jdvn1

"Mmrrmhm." Tamin rolls and stays in bed unless Clang, Spike, or someone comes to wake him up. He values his sleep more than his curiosity, but he'll back up anyone who needs the help.

Cedious

First Post
Clang gets tired of these interuptions and stands up, able to see in the dark he walks towards the sound.
"im going to check out that sound" he exclaims to spike
Clang continues to walk forward not looking back to see if anyone is following him....

MadMaxim

First Post
Spike nods at Vander's request. "I agree with you, Vander. Let's go investigate." He walks over to Tamin and puts a cold metal hand on the halfling's shoulder. "Tamin, wake up. We're going to investigate the noise. Do you wish to come along?"

Spike then turns toward Clang who's about to leave. "Wait, Clang. You shouldn't go alone. We don't know what's hiding in there. You may have great powers, but if you're outnumbered, you'll most likely suffer defeat, so stay put until we've got everyone up." He continues to wake up the others.

Jdvn1

Tamin's eyes flash open, "Hu--wh--yeah, right. Sure thing. Thanks, Spike." He picks up his Halfling-sized Valenar Double-Scimitar as he gets up. "Yeah, Clang, slow down. I won't burn time putting on my armor, so I'll be right behind you."

Cedious

First Post
Clang stops dead in his tracks and waits for the others.....still looking into the darkness and not at the others, he is hoping to see signs of activity hostile or not.
"Please hurry, im sure whatever is out there is aware of our movments and i wish to find out what it is"
Clang continues to stand as still as possible with just his head moving back and forth scanning the area.

THE CHAOS EFFECT
SEGMENT 036

Clang sees something very large within the woods. It is only a siloette but it is HUGE. The weak twilight dawn reveals a bit of dense heavy armored hide. The hide scratches on itself as it turns to you.

A hole in the ground is directly before you that is easily big enough to have been made by it.

Spike and Vander see enough of the creature to know it means trouble. "TAMIN!" is yelled by the two of you. Vander prepares for the worst ( Surv 11). Spike (nat 20! 21) yells-

LAND SHARK!!!!!!

Next two actions and hope to wake up if asleep

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads