D&D General The Defence Of San Floria - my first "published" adventure

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Hello

I know it's not cool to spam blog posts, but this one is a bit different for me, so I hope you will forgive me: this is the first adventure I have ever released! Low production value, but completely free of course. Please feel free to adapt it, change the system etc, and have fun with it :)

If reception is positive, I have a few more episodes in this campaign that could be converted - I think the next one will be a smuggling mission :)

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I dont know if I got enough sleep last night or what. I read that as your post was defending your first adventure San Floria. I see now its all the title :LOL:

I'll take a look this sounds interesting.

payn

So my faction style GM sense tingled immediately. One idea I have is that two armies are engaging each other. An oversight by both army leaders has left this Monastery all on its lonesome. Neither leader can commit troops to defend or raid the monastery. So, offers go out to mercs (the PCs) to raid or defend. Marine's movers play the same role, just on opposite ends of what the PCs ultimately choose to do.

I would play up both factions trying to hire the PCs as mercs. Either attempt to plead to their sense of decency or their greed.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
So my faction style GM sense tingled immediately. One idea I have is that two armies are engaging each other. An oversight by both army leaders has left this Monastery all on its lonesome. Neither leader can commit troops to defend or raid the monastery. So, offers go out to mercs (the PCs) to raid or defend. Marine's movers play the same role, just on opposite ends of what the PCs ultimately choose to do.

I would play up both factions trying to hire the PCs as mercs. Either attempt to plead to their sense of decency or their greed.

It certainly is in the spirit of the GLOG to take other people's work and hack it into something that works for you :) - like for my campaign, your idea wouldn't have quite worked (because the PCs aren't "independent mercs" (Marcie's gang is!) but rather part of a large-ish mercenary company with about 600 men). However, in someone else's campaign, your idea is as good as mine. I hope that my text conveyed this idea that "fixing" the intro to fit one's campaign was highly encouraged.

A central theme is that those who wielded force (the mercenary captains) had political power - but that meant that they now were not only wielders of force, but politicians, so the campaign had this back and forth between money grabbing (like the Yamac Sauce Capper I am working on now, based on another adventure in this campaign I created), combat and intrigue.

payn

It certainly is in the spirit of the GLOG to take other people's work and hack it into something that works for you :) - like for my campaign, your idea wouldn't have quite worked (because the PCs aren't "independent mercs" (Marcie's gang is!) but rather part of a large-ish mercenary company with about 600 men). However, in someone else's campaign, your idea is as good as mine. I hope that my text conveyed this idea that "fixing" the intro to fit one's campaign was highly encouraged.

A central theme is that those who wielded force (the mercenary captains) had political power - but that meant that they now were not only wielders of force, but politicians, so the campaign had this back and forth between money grabbing (like the Yamac Sauce Capper I am working on now, based on another adventure in this campaign I created), combat and intrigue.
Yeap, sorry I didnt mean anything about it. No adventure published or otherwise has survived intact once I start thinking about it. It is a good thing that im making comments like this instead of "whats happening here?". That means the adventure makes sense and I'm actually able to start making it my own.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Yeap, sorry I didnt mean anything about it. No adventure published or otherwise has survived intact once I start thinking about it. It is a good thing that im making comments like this instead of "whats happening here?". That means the adventure makes sense and I'm actually able to start making it my own.
oh I didn't take offense, no worries :) And I'm glad it's inspiring you

Remove ads