• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The difference between males and females

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Man, that's awesome. The fighting was kinda blah though. I'd like to see that in real life and watch their expressions as they scribbled that down and angrily handed the paper back to each other.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Xath said:
Wow. That was quite enjoyable.

Rel, I'm interested to read what happens at your party. :)

Alas, the serial story was not to be this year. Still, a good time (and a not inconsiderable amount of beer, wine and spirits) was had by all and this was the event that finally put me in the Christmas Spirit. Until last night I was switching the channel whenever holiday music came on. Now I'm singing along. :)

Without question the funniest part of the night was just after the annual White Elephant Auction. I'm sure that many of you are familiar with this kind of thing were numbers are drawn and person #1 picks a gift from the pile and person #2 can either steal what person #1 has or unwrap a gift from the pile and so on. We do this every year and attempt to see what sort of outlandish gifts we can find for $10 or less.

Approximately 7 years ago, somebody brought a CD entitled "Blowfly Does XXXmas". I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the musical stylings of Blowfly but to call it lewd, tasteless and disgusting is to render those terms near meaningless.

So of course this gift became the "mascot" for our annual Auction. Each year, the prior year's recipient wraps it up again, usually along with their "real" present, and inserts it into the auction where it lurks waiting to find its latest victim. Once again it was unearthed and a good laugh was had by all. But this year we actually took the time to play a substantial portion of this CD and...I was speechless. I was without speech.

I can't even begin to describe the depths of depravity catalogued during Blowfly's rendition of the 12 Days of Christmas, nor what Mommy (and, shockingly, Daddy) was seen doing with Santa Claus. It could physically harm Eric's Grandma and I would be SO permabanned. I'm not sure what it says about me and my friends that we were weeping and incappacitated with laughter but I'm sure it is nothing good.

If it should come to pass that you ever have a copy of this CD in your posession, I'm frankly not sure what to advise. I can only say with authority that if you DO decide to play it, don't do it with your mother in the room. It can only end in tears. (Like, what if she ENJOYED it?! :eek: )

Xath

Moder-gator
We did one of those things in High School. We were supposed to split up and buy "good gifts" and "bad gifts" for under $10. I bought a 20lb bag of rice as my contribution, expecting it to be one of the "bad gifts." But it was the most popular item of the party.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
ssampier said:
Which one, Rebecca or Gary? I think Rebecca is the better writer, but I have to admit I like Gary's topic much better.
Both! In the same style! They're a good team. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads