The Dragoon of Legends - 10 Warblade/10 Vassal of Bahamat

Haviclord

First Post
I did this a little while back and I wouldn't mind seeing some other dragon slaying builds.
Mine was Warblade 10 Vassal of Bahamut 10 - Human - 10d12/10d10 - Full Bab - Alright Saves. 4th lv spells
Main stats are Str - For hit, damage, jump,ect. Dex for the getting the most out of tumble, Armor and initiative and then 18 wisdom to use all the spells for Vassal. Main skills are Jump, Tumble, Balance, Concentration and Craft(5 ranks) is needed for Vassal so you can get in the also Diplomacy(5 ranks)
So this build really is meant for you to get a lance for the x3 crit chance and get bane dragon on it and if possible be able to use a large so you can get 3d6 to start vs dragons, you get that nice platinum armor from the Vassal class that gives is full plate +8 and a +4 Dex bonus, no speed reduction, - 1 armor check penalty. Any other equipment is up to you really just whatever you want for your character. I myself got were Boots of striding and springing for + 5 for jump + the extra 10ft for land speed, Ring of feather fall just in case and some strength items for some more damage. Now for feats you want Power Attack (Take as free feat in vassal class) so you get 40 extra damage, Leap attack which makes it 80 extra damage, Battle Jump for every 10 feet you fall you get 1d6,Sacred Vow, Vow of Obedience, Combat Expertise, Improved Combat Expertise, Ripost so if a dragon misses you when in combat expertise you get a free attack against him and final feat is Improved Initiative to make sure you go first.
Now for warblade class which you will stay in until you are level 10 so you have everything ready for Vassal. For level 1-2 you want these. You are going to want Punishing stance for your first stance so you can get that extra 1d6 for early game which will help. Sudden Leap so you can jump as a swift action and not provoke attack of opportunity. Just need to run in a straight line. Moment of perfect mind so you roll a concentration check as a will save which will help vs dragons spells and end game you can have 23 or up for a will save. lv 3-4 is where the best part of this build comes into play. Emerald Razor which lets you hit an enemy for his touch attack. Dragons at most 11 or so, but the bigger they are the lower it gets. So now as long as you get over 7 you are going to hit that old dragon. Action Before Thought is same as Moment of perfect Mind just for Reflex save. And you get another stance from the last lv which is Hunters Sense you gain scent and can sniff out dragons. lv 5-6 take Mind over Body its just like Moment of Perfect mind but for fort and you can't fail on a 1. lv 7-8 take Death from above, it's not to good for dragons. However for other monsters it is still good because you make a DC 20 Jump check and do an extra 4d6 damage and they are considered flat-footed and you can choose where in 20ft where to land. lv 9-10 is where the final part comes into play for the stance that will make you a deadly monster on the field. Leaping Dragon Stance, +10 on jump checks and any jump you make even from a stand still conciders you as running so you can sudden leap and emerald razor from a stand still and still get leap attack bonus. Rapid Counter you get an extra attack of opportunity.
Now for class feature's you get Weapon aptitude which is just weapon focus for warblades and mostly for roleplay as you spend an hour a day training with you chosen weapon. Battle clarity just gives you a bonus on your reflex = to you int mod. Uncanny dodge, keep your dex mod even if you are flat-footed which is nice for your armor that is coming. Battle ardor which is the int to mod to crit confirm which is alright, but it's not hard when using emerald razor. The two bonus feats to take are Combat Reflex and Run. Improved Uncanny dodge now you can't be flanked anymore. Battle cunning which gives int mod added to melee damage vs flat-footed/flanked enemies.
Alright you are now done with warblade and never are going back. You need to do a few roleplay things for this. One need to worship Bahamat, Two you must juvenile red dragon or older single handily which should be easy at this point. Three is to make the platinum armor and you must spend 20 in game days doing nothing but crafting this thing and you can only eat and sleep during this time. All of that is done and now you are a vassal of Bahamat. You are the only one who can wear it and any one who tries it will turn to dust and you will have to start again from step one. Also you can only have one at a time.
Some of the things you get from this class...... Money. You get a total of around 20,000 gold by the end and you can use it for equipment, but if you send it poorly on girls and beer Bahamat send a loyal servant to go shake you down for the money. This class is also called Pimp of Bahamat by many people I know. Now you already now what your armor does for AC, but his is where this class makes killing dragons a bit better. Dragon Wrack which at the end of the build lets you do an extra 4d6 when you attack and if you get hit deals 2d6 to them. And the damage is permanent unless the dragon removes it by wishing it away for it's the power of bahamat hitting them. Take Power attack now so you don't waste one of your lv feats on it. Imperious Aura which means good dragons love you and will help you and red dragons fear and hate you. You get your class lv for Vassal added to any Charisma checks vs dragon type creatures and dragons. Dragon Sense you now can see 4x as good in low light and 2x in normal light than any human and gain a 120ft dark vision. Now for spells you want for fighting dragons are pretty easy to keep track and work like paladin spells. lv 1 2 per day + wis mod. Endure Elements for if you have to climb a volcano and such and protection from evil so dragons can hit you with their natural attacks can't hit you. lv 2 2per day + wis mod. Align Weapon which just lets your weapon become lawful, Chaotic, Good, Evil for the perps of overcoming DR and Bull Strength. lv 3 2 a day + wis mod. Protection from Energy and Refreshment. lv 4 1 + wis mod. Now there are two spells that are my main two energy immunity and Holy Sword. Just make yourself immune to fire vs the red dragon or which ever one of it's brothers. Holy sword which gives you a +5 enchantment bonus and gives +5 attack and damage and 2d6 vs evil creatures. Also it creates a magic circle vs evil every round as a free action on its own.
Now for how this build works in combat. You get into your leaping dragon stance and emerald razor with sudden leap and power attack and leap attack for max damage. You add in how 1d6 for every 10ft you fall from Battle jump feat. So let's say just 10ft with your dragon bane lance you deal 1d8+1d6 from bane enchantment, + 1d6 from battle jump + 4d6 from Dragon Wrack + 2d6 from holy sword and + 80 damage from power attack/leap attack. Adding up to an average damage of 108 which isn't too bad for hitting that great wyrm every other of member of the party is beating their heads of the table about. Now for the defensive part of the combat which is the improved combat expertise road. So let's say you have a max AC which is 42 which buddy has to get over to hit you. You have Ripost and combat reflexes, but also Rapid Counter this isn't so good for dragons. More so for just anyone else or younger dragons. So the enemy walks up to you so you get to attack him, but now you use rapid counter so you get one more attack in. He hits 4 time's, but misses so that is four attacks you get from the ripost feat for him missing you. And for roleplay you are pretty much the closest thing to a knight of bahamut and you get bonus on talking to any dragon good or bad and can enlist that kind Copper dragon in the mountains because you have crazy bonus if you making him a diplomat character or he can just be the damage dealer. Now I know this build isn't the best, but it has some good parts and some parts that could be better. However it's based on the Dragoon class from Final Fantasy and just jumping and blowing something up. Also there is the Atomic bomb move that can be done if you want to kill that big dragon. You get that Copper dragon to fly you up as fast as he can and you go up a few hundred feet and just drop. 100 ft = 10d6, 4000ft = 400d6, but just pray the dragon is there when you land. So that is my Dragoon build and his name was Venrick Highwind because all the final fantasy character who are dragoons have the last name Highwind :) Sorry for the long post and please add any of your dragon slayer builds. Also side note my friend who was the DM gave me the home brow feat Dragoon training so for every rank in jump counted as a foot I could jump so I was broken.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases