The Dungeon of the Ghost Tower -- continuing the Red Box

jelmore

First Post
Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (The Dungeon of the Ghost Tower)

This adventure picks up after "The Twisting Halls", the adventure in the Dungeon Master's Book in the Red Box.

Here is a semi-spoilery bit from the adventure setup:

You also learned that this is only one of three legendary “ghost towers.” Where the others might be located, how they are linked, and what secrets they conceal is another adventure altogether...
I wonder if we've seen one of the other Ghost Towers before...? ;)

Psikus

Explorer
Do the monster in this adventure follow the new design guidelines of Monster Manual 3 and Essentials?

More or less... there's the odd brute minion with old style stats. What's more interesting is the fact that there are many reprinted monsters that get a stat update. This seems to be the case with all Dungeon adventures since the beginning of this month, and there are a quite a bunch of classic monsters upgraded to the new guidelines this way. I have counted many kobolds, skeleton, gnoll, and other random stuff.

I expect they'll release a list of the changes in an official update document, eventually.

Vael

Legend
I noticed it's putting the new master set of Dungeon Tiles to good use. That and the rare item at the end of the adventure is interesting.

Festivus

First Post
I noticed it's putting the new master set of Dungeon Tiles to good use. That and the rare item at the end of the adventure is interesting.

I thought it was interesting too, particularly that it's a rare level 10 item found in a level 2 adventure.

renau1g

First Post
Agreed...level +8? Seems high, even for a rare. Pretty neat item though, not sure how useful the necrotic damage swap is? If it was any elemental kind my genasi wizard would be salivating over it...

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Inverness is about 30 miles from the Cairngorms.

First thought: Ghost tower, this ain't no stinking ghost tower!

A conversion of a real ghost tower would be mega awesome* **.

*Did I mention mega awesome?

**Actually, I really liked it.

Remove ads